Chapter 6: To Moving On

6 weeks after Sienna's disappearance

The air was getting colder, the day slowly slipping away. Night was coming, and everyone's coats seemed like petty defense against the chilliness.
Maybe it was the weather, or maybe it was just that feeling.

Cold.

The Avengers, Coulson's team, Fury, Layla, Hill, and a younger boy were all there. The winter air in Washington DC didn't help lighten the mood, not did it offer any comfort. All it did was whisper through the leaves, as it had done for thousands of years.

The wind moved some of the fresh dirt, as well as the flower's petals that lay on the grave. They were all various colors; deep reds, pale pinks, even the faintest of blue. And white roses. Her favorite kind.

The headstone itself was bland, un-original.

Sienna I. Firman
1990 - 2013
"A fighting soul will finally be
granted an eternal rest."

It was a sad memorial to the woman, but it was better than nothing. They had fulfilled her wishes anyway. The grave next to her's read David Firman.

Inside the casket, they'd put one of her old suits inside, as well as two of her knives. She'd been buried with her sword, as the Celtic traditions of old had done.

They'd hired a pastor to say a few words as workers buried the casket. But other than that, no one said anything. It was a dead silence, and the pastor found this odd. There were no tears, no talking. It seemed these people had prepared for this kind of grief.

So after all was said, the casket buried and the flowers tossed, the young boy came up. No one particular knew who he was, all he said was his name was 'Zack'. For some reason, Fury notified the kid to come.

He couldn't have been older then 11, with dark hair and dark skin. His accent suggested Morocco, but it was slowly slipping. The boy had been in the US for a bit.

So this Zack came up, gently setting down two peppermint candies next to the headstone. He didn't even look at the eyes that followed him, just returned back to his spot next to Fury.

So the small crowd stood there, looking at the grave of the fallen Avenger. And as the wind whispered in their ears, they greeted it with silence.

Sienna Firman was really dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night had fallen on DC. Coulson's team had gone back to the Bus with orders to return to the Academy to await orders and to meet up with Coulson, who wasn't allowed at the funeral due to the Avengers being there.

Fury and Hill returned to the Triskelion for the next day's work, with the young boy in tow.

As for the Avengers, for some odd reason they thought a hoodie and a few baseball caps would conceal their identities, and went out to do a proper wake in remembrance of Sienna. Layla tagged along, not needing anything to conceal herself because, to be frank, she wasn't famous.

If you aren't familiar with what a wake is, it's quite simple to explain. You tell stories of the dead person, good memories and bad, all while drinking excessively. This usually ended up with people getting thrown out of bars, and later with lawsuits, but that's a different story.