Chapter 3: We Brought Doughnuts. Oh and Bad News

Skye dropped folder and her phone on the floor, still keeping a close hold on Sienna's blood. Her mouth was wide open, while Jemma's was turning a greyish shade of pale.

The tension between the two friends seemed unbearable. Simmon's had grasped the table before carefully swiping the vile out of Skye's hands, bending down to pick up her research.

"Hey!" The hacker exclaimed, still dumbfounded by the things she discovered," Is that true?"

Jemma popped back up, stuffing everything into the file, stuttering a bit," Is what true? This is just a simulation. Nothing you need to worry about."

Skye shook her head, crossing her arms," Then why do you have Sienna's blood, and the pictures are almost exactly what you showed all of us a few weeks ago? And Tesseract, what the crap does that mean-"

The bio-chemist clamped her hand over her friend's mouth, looking around warily," Just stay quiet. Pretend you never saw this!"

Skye pried Simmon's hand off her face, bending down to pick up her phone as she whispered furiously," I can't. What the heck is this anomaly? Why is it in Sienna's blood.....apparently?"

Jemma put her finger to her lips, shushing her friend," You can't tell anyone about this. Not even the Avengers-"

"How is Tesseract energy in her body at all.." Skye mumbles quietly, keeping her voice down.

The scientist takes a shaky breath in, closing her eyes before answering slowly," We don't know how, or why, but whoever took her knew about it. Skye, this is very sensitive information, no one must know."

The hacker raised an eyebrow," Does Fitz know?"

Simmons shakes her head, like the answer is the most obvious thing in the world," Of course he knows! He's the first one I told before I went to Coulson. He was the one who gave the order to go dark, that's why it's imperative you pretend you never saw this. I could be suspended!"

Skye rolled her eyes, thinking how weird the word 'imperative' was," Fine, I never saw it. But still, I can't pretend I never saw Tesseract-"

"That's why you need to not tell anyone!" Jemma whispered furiously, eyes wide as she put the folder in cabinet.

"Simmons, you don't just forget-" The girl was in mid-sentence, a phone ringing with the tune of chiming bells. Jemma fiddled to get her cell phone as Skye gives slightly judgmental looks as she rolled her eyes.

"Hello." The bio-chemist answers, turning away from the other girl. It was a sad attempt at concealing the conversation, because the girl eavesdropped anyway.

"Why are you calling?" Simmons asked, chewing in her lip.

"Your what?" Her tone to a surprising turn, from nonchalant to disbelief.

"Why and how did you get-" She was cut off again by faint jabbering on the other the line. She listened for about thirty seconds before injecting again.

"No, absolutely.......Layl-........I don't care....you have what?" Her tone kept fluctuating between surprise and frustrated, much to Skye's curiosity.

Finally, Jemma looks about ready to burst from what seems like anger, then the person says a few fast words, and the scientist's eyes widen," You have who and what with you? Layla Edith Renning, I swear on your mother's grave if you don't go back now-"

Simmons was cut off by the Bus coming to life suddenly, the ramp going down. The girls turned, the sunlight burning their eyes and obstetricting their view; only the top of two heads could be seen.