Chapter 1/ Hello, bad boy

Samantha^

*Samantha*

I pushed my way through the crowds of  students. Some smelled like smoke, weed, and alcohol. Some smelled like makeup, strong perfume, or cologne. I have to hold my breath everyday to get to my locker. As for me? I smell like vanilla and cinnamon. It's just my natural scent. I don't see the need to wear makeup or spray myself down with expensive perfume.

I put my backpack in my locker and pulled out my advanced English binder. I've always loved to write and read. I could express my imagination through writing, and I could travel through different fantasies through reading. I made my way down the hallways before I heard someone yell my name.

"Samantha!"
I turned around to see my friend, Savannah. She's tall, has brown straightened hair, skinny, tan, and has deep brown eyes. As for me; I'm short, I have blonde naturally wavy hair, blue eyes, and I'm pale as a ghost.

I smiled at her.
"Hey Savannah."
She walked up next to me and we made our way through the narrow hall. Savannah was shy and quiet. You'd have to really listen to hear her clearly.
I saw my friend Morgan at the end of the hall.
"Hey Morgan!"
"Oh hey Sam... What's up?" She walked over to us.
"Mm... Not much." I shrugged and leaned my back against the wall.

"Sam!"
"Sammy!"
I knew those voices any where. I turned around to see my other friends, Ashley, a tall, thin brown haired, brown eyed girl, Kaylee, a very tall, long brown haired girl with brown eyes, and my very best friend, Julianna. I greeted my friends and gave Julianna a side hug.
I might not have that many friends, but my friends are loyal and understanding. Not fake and snobby. I'm always the one my friends come to when they need help. It's kinda my thing. Do I ever come to them for help? Well... No... You see, I'd rather keep my feelings bottled up then people feel bad for me. No one has seen me cry. Not even my mother. Some may said that that itself is sad. But for me... That's just life.

The bell rang.
"I got to go... I'll see you guys later." Ashley said before walking off with Kaylee who waved to us.
"Yeah... Better not be late!" Morgan said before leaving.
Julianna hugged me once more. "I'll see you at lunch."
"Bye! See you guys later!" I waved to my friends and walked on with Savannah. Our classrooms were right next to each other's. We parted and I sighed as I snuck down in my desk.

Let the day begin...

•••

Later that day, when school was dismissed, I shut my locker after I had taken out my black backpack with pink flowers on it. I flung it over my shoulders and met Julianna at her locker.
"Ready to go?" I asked after tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.
"Yeah, just a second." She was shoving stuff into her backpack. She struggled to zip it up.
"Here..." I knelt down next to her and zipped it up.
"Thanks, Sam." She smiled as I helped her up.
"No problem."

We walked down the hall discussing our history poster we were partners on.
"So I think we should draw the flags and then name the dates underneath them. That way it won't take up too much space." I finished as we reached the bottom of the staircase.
"I'll color and you can draw?" Julianna asked, looking over at me. She had short black hair that was always pulled back in a ponytail. She was tanner than me and just a bit shorter with grey eyes.
I nodded "Exactly."

We pushed open the heavy metal doors, instantly getting hit with the hot air.
"Ugh... It's so hot out..." Julianna sighed with a pouty face.
I laughed at her "Yeah, because I'm here."
She playfully punched me in the arm. "You're too much."

We laughed as we turned the corner near the buses. There was a crowd of kids yelling.
"What's going on..?" I asked as we slowed down.
"I have no idea." She shrugged and we walked over to the crowd. Soon the yells became clear.