1 | Overheard Conversations

Yoon was walking back towards the house he shared with his sister and Ik-Soo, his precious beat-up book was protectively held in his arms

Yoon was walking back towards the house he shared with his sister and Ik-Soo, his precious beat-up book was protectively held in his arms. He was planning on showing it to the priest and Yara, so they could each share the memories that it brought forth.

Before he turned the corner though, he could hear voices coming from inside the house. The voices belonged to Princess Yona and the priest. He slid up against the wall and listened in on their conversation.

"I don't want to break apart a family," Yona spoke as if she was continuing an earlier conversation. "I won't take Yoon and Yara with us." Yoon's eyes widened in shock. What did she mean?

He recalled the moment when he had overheard Ik-Soo saying he wanted to ask the princess and Hak for favour. Was this what it was about?

The pretty boy jumped almost out of his skin when he heard a noise from behind him. Those loud footsteps could belong to only one person, his older sister Yara.

She was only a few minutes older than him, making them twins, and they really looked alike. With both of them being pretty and having the same hair and eye colour. The only difference is that where Yoon had feathers in his hair, Yara wore similar ones dangling from her ears.

"Yoon!" she said in her usual over-excited voice. "What are you doing?" Yara came to a stop next to her brother, who pulled on her arm and put a hand over her mouth.

"Shh." Yara frowned and her ears perked up when she listened to the voices from around the corner.

"Ik-Soo, you asked us to take them with us." Yona paused and Yara felt her heart drop. "But, if Yoon and his sister say they don't want to go, I won't take them with us."

"I see." There was a sound of movement as if someone was getting to their feet. "I'm sorry. I should have asked them about this."

"Ik-Soo!"

Ik-Soo went towards where they stood and Yoon sent him a menacing glare. Her brother's glares were quite terrifying. It really didn't match his face at all.

"Yoon, Yara. Great timing, right now I..." Ik-Soo didn't even get to complete his sentence, because Yoon had yanked his collar and rammed him against the wall.

Yoon put his foot on the wall and leaned in closer to Ik-Soo. "Where are we going?!"

"Yoon stop it!" Yara cried, grabbing her brother's arm and trying to pry him off Ik-Soo.

Yoon just tched and walked off towards where the cliffs were.

Yara gave Ik-Soo an apologetic look and then ran off after her brother.