Chapter One

It all started when I, Sierra Gheller, was at the ShowJumping tournament in London. Little did I know, Kevin Lancester was watching me in crowd. When the scores were announced, I had cleared a perfect round, a perfect 10! Afterwards, Kevin Lancester came up me and my parents. He introduced himself "Hi, my name is Kevin Lancester. I was Just watching Sierra in the ShowJumping. She has incredible talent and I would like her to attend HillCrest all-girls Riding Academy. We have 3 scholarships to give it and I would like for Sierra to attend. Please, feel free to shoot me an email with any questions." He handed my mum a card with his name, email and the school name on it. I continued to lead Jack, my neighbors gelding, into the horse float, hardly able to contain my excitement!! I latched up the door and got into the front passenger seat in our Dark Grey Ford 3-50E. The drive was only 15 minutes but there was a ton of Horse Show traffic. After a few minutes I broke the silence. "Mum, can I please attend HillCrest? He said I can get there on Scholarship!!"
"I don't know honey. It sounds like it awfully expensive. I don't want horses to get in the way of your academics!"
"But mum, I have a 4.0 GPA. I will not let it drop because of horses! Please, please, please!"
"I guess I will send Kevin an email when we get home.." Said my mother. I was so happy I could have hugged her!! I couldn't wait to tell my best friend Elisa, the good news!! Maybe she could attend HillCrest, after all, her parents had loads of money. I'll text her when I get home, I thought, and then we can go for a hack.
-
I got up the next morning, eager to know if Kevin got back to mum. He had. Apparently I started Next Week Tuesday, September 8th. I texted Elisa

Me: Did you ask your parents?
Elisa: yea.
Me: What did they say?
Elisa: They said Yes! They are filling out the registration form online right now.
-
September 8th
-------
We walked up to the doors of our new school. We were both so excited!! Our parents signed in and we all together Walked to the Café for the orientation. When we got there, the head, Miss.Lawrence started to assign the 21 students into the dorms, along with the colors of them and their horses, that would be assigned to us in the morning.