Chapter 1

Today was starting to look like the best day of ever. Matt asked me to homecoming, I got a 98 on my biology exam, my best friend Sarah took me to Chipotle what else could go wrong? Oh yeah...Practice. My mom wants me to be the best of the best of everything I do which includes volleyball. I used to like playing in like...sixth grade. Now being a junior in high school, I have more important things I could be worrying about. Like picking the perfect dress for homecoming. Matt and I have been together for almost a year. We met at our school's football game (he is a quarterback) when he came up to me after the game and asked to take me out that weekend for dinner. Ever since then we have been inseparable and I want to make sure I really impress him at that dance. So I decide to skip practice today and go home and watch netflix all night.

~

I wake up the next morning to my cell phone ringing.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Omg Naomi get up we need to go dress shopping!" Said Sarah.
"Its only 9 O'clock and it's saturday."
"We need to hit the stores now before all the good dresses are taken now get up! Meet me at the mall in an hour." Said Sarah.
Before attempting to get out of bed, I see Matt has sent me his usual "Good Morning beautiful" text. I quickly replied and went to take a shower and get ready for the day.
" Naomi breakfast is ready!" I hear my mom yell while I am putting on my final touches of my makeup. I run downstairs to see her typing away at her cell phone and my dad drinking his coffee and watching the weather.

~

My mom is a real estate agent and my dad is a movie producer so I guess you could say being successful in life is a must for my family. I quickly eat the chocolate chip pancakes mom had made me and put on my jacket. Just when I was about to grab my keys,
"Where are you going in such a hurry" says mom.
"Sarah is taking me shopping for our homecoming dresses" I said.
"Okay darling I am going to be working late tonight so dinner will be in the fridge"
"Okay thanks mom, love you"
As I swiftly grabbed my keys and head out to my car.