Chapter 20: White Wedding

300 miles and five hours later, I'm broken out of my book by Dean saying "there it is!"  I look up from the page and see the bright lights of Las Vegas. Excitement shoots through my body. Im really here. This is really happening. In a few short hours, I will really be Mrs. Dean Winchester. I close my book and slide it into my bag.
Earlier, when I driving, Dean went online and downloaded a marriage license application and printed it at a gas station. He filled it out, and said all I have to do is say "I do."
Dean drives to the official looking building where the website said to take the application. We both go inside. A pretty receptionist takes our application and in half an hour, We both walk out of the building smiling. We now have a license, but Dean insists on taking me to a wedding chapel.
"How many times are we going to get to go this?" He asks.
"None." I say grinning. Dean fires up his car and drives down the strip. I've never been to Vegas before, and it's the most beautiful city you've ever seen. Bright lights, sparkling signs, people dressed as Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, Cookie Monster and others cover the streets. There's people everywhere and even being stuck in slow traffic, it all goes by so fast.
"Dean, this is so beautiful!" I shout. Dean laughs and rolls down all the windows. People admire the car as he drives by. One man whistles at me as Dean drives by. Dean glares at him. If looks could kill...
Eventually, Dean pulls up to a building that has a sign outside reading "Get married today!!!! All couples welcome!!! Formal wear not required."
Suddenly, I feel like I are going to throw up. What the hell am I thinking, getting married? Maybe my parents were right. Maybe I am too young. A thousand excuses of how to get out of this fly through my mind until Dean shuts off the car and reaches for my hand. I look into his beautiful green eyes and my cold feet suddenly thaw.
"Ready?" He asks. I nod, and he opens his door and gets out. I scold myself for thinking such stupid things. Of course this is the right decision. Dean is my soulmate, and what else is there to say? I love him with all my heart.
Dean opens my car door and hands me a large box.
"What's this?" I Ask.
"There's a changing room inside." He grins. I smile and take his hand. We walk into the chapel hand in hand. He's holding something in a bag.
When We get inside, a man sitting at the front desk. He smiles.
"How can I help you today?"
"We'd like to get married." I say.
"That's what we do! It'll be $75 for the service." Dean pulls out his wallet and hands the man four twenty dollar bills. He puts them away and hands Dean a five before leading us into a beautiful room with a glass ceiling. There's a stage and a walkway. Several benches sit empty and the place is strewn with roses and cream colored curtains. It's beautiful. The man points out a dressing room down the hall and I go inside. Opening the box, I see that Dean has bought me a beautiful white dress. Putting it on, I stare at myself In the mirror. The dress is white, covered in glittering crystals and faux roses. It's strapless, and comes to my knees. A pair of strappy silver shoes are in the box as well. I put them on and stand up. Dean correctly guessed my dress and shoes size so everything fits perfectly. I take my long wavy blonde hair out of the bun. It falls in a glossy curtain around my shoulders. Before I head back out to the chapel, I notice one last thing in the box. It's a tiara. Remembering how Dean once called me his princess, I smile and put the crown on my head. I look beautiful. Walking back out to the chapel, Im suddenly drowned in a sea of confetti and I hear a chorus of people shout "Surprise!"
When the confetti clears, I see Sam, Becky, Cas, Jessica, Angela, my parents and at least 12 of my old friends. I scream with happiness and go around hugging everyone. Jessica beams at me and shouts "You look so pretty!" She holds my hands in hers.
"Thank you Jess." I smile at her.
"Your boyfriend over there called me and said to gather up all your friends because you were getting married! Jesus, girl! You must really be serious about this guy! You've know him what, two months?" She talks really fast and excited.
"Well, well, well. I always knew you would look pretty in white."  Says a voice from behind me. I suddenly feel nauseous. I know that voice. I turn and suddenly I'm looking into two deep brown eyes. It's Alex, my ex-boyfriend. He stares at me for a second before Dean comes over and wraps an arm around me. He looks dashing in a tuxedo. He kisses my head and says, "Who's this?"
"Dean, this is Alex. Alex, Dean." They shake hands and glare at each other murderously.
"I'm her ex." Alex says shortly.
"How nice. Come on babe." Dean steers me away from Alex, and says, "what do you think?"
"Dean, this is incredible! Why are all these people here?" I say.
"I thought you deserved a proper wedding." He smiles and walks up the aisle. I stand at the back and the Wedding March begins to play. Sam suddenly comes up behind me and loops his arm through mine.
"Dean asked me to walk to down the aisle." He says with a smile. I smile back and walk down the aisle with Sam. All my friends and my parents are sitting in the benches smiling at me. But Dean is smiling the biggest of them all. When I reach the end of the aisle, I stumble a bit but Dean catches me.
"I've got you, love."
The man wearing a suit begins to state the wedding words that have been said a thousand times. Dean slides a gold ring on my finger and I put one on his. Repeating the words "I do." I finally kiss Dean as my husband. Everyone in the room cheers and I ignore them, unable to tear away from Dean. He kisses me back with passion. I run my fingers through his hair and everyone chuckles as Sammy says "Any day now."
I break away from Dean and look out into the sea of smiling faces of family and friends. I notice an old man whom I hadn't before staring at Dean with fatherly pride. At the very back of the room sits Alex, arms crossed with a scowl on his face. Why the hell did Jess even invite him? She knows I hate him. Jess comes up and grabs my arm.
"Come on! It's time to dance!" A pop song has started playing and Jess sways to the beat, mouthing the words flawlessly. I've never even heard the song but I try to mimic Jess. Soon, everyone around me is dancing. After the song ends, I look for Dean, but he's nowhere to be found. Suddenly I notice, neither is Alex.
"Jess, excuse me a minute." She just nods and keeps dancing.
I break away from my friends and head down the hallway where the dressing room was. I glance in two empty rooms. Dean isn't there. I suddenly notice a flight of stairs. There's an open door at the top. I head up silently, and hear voices.
"Look man, I'm just saying it how it is. I think you're a jackass who's not worthy to marry Ali." Alex says to Dean.
"Then how the hell could a loser like you date her?" He retorts.
"She used to have good taste. What the hell does she even see in you? What do you do for a living? Jessica said you live out of a car!"
"You have no freakin clue what the hell I do nor is it any of your business. Now if you're done telling me about when you dated her, I'd like to get back to my wife."
I hear Deans footsteps approaching and panic. Suddenly Alex shouts out: "She'll leave you! Once she realizes what a mistake she's made marrying some dropout who can't even throw a punch." Through a crack in the wall, I see Dean turn around and punch Alex right in the face. His nose makes a nasty cracking noise and he cries out in pain. Dean throws another punch and Alex suddenly starts swinging back. I rush into the room.
"Dean! Dean, stop! He's not worth it!" Dean turns to look at me and kisses me hard on the lips. He turns to Alex and says,
"She's made her choice. Now leave us alone. We want you to leave."