Chapter Seven: Well, this is awkward...

A week later, I wake up next to Dean. He's been in the hospital for a week, while doctors monitor his condition. He should be able to go home today. I was officially released six days ago, but I have refused to leave Dean's side except to shower. I tried to give him space by sleeping in an arm chair beside his bed, but nightmares of Dean dying kept me up. Dean couldn't bear to watch me in pain, so he asked me to sleep in his bed with him, despite the doctors objections.
Sam had been going on local short hunts alone. Dean didn't like it, but Sam insisted he was fine. He came by morning and night to check on his brother while i showered or got something to eat.
I was slowly falling in love with Dean Winchester. I had been attracted to him from the moment I saw him, but a week in the hospital, spending every second together had changed our relationship. I wanted to kiss him and be able to call him mine but I had once overheard Dean refer to me as being "like a sister" to him. That made things awkward. But still, you didn't exactly snuggle and sleep with your sister, right? But he still had yet to kiss me. Only small pecks on my forehead had happened between us.
I stayed wrapped in Deans arm until I felt a gentle touch on my leg. Opening my yes, I saw Dr. Edmonds, Deans doctor.
"Alexandra, could you step outside with me please?" Easing myself out of Deans arms, you head into the hall.
"Alexandra, we are going to let Devon go today if he can walk all by himself. I'm going to give him pain meds and he cannot drive while on them. Can you drive for him? Or his cousin?" Sammy was pretending to be Deans cousin.
"Yes, that's not a problem."
"Okay. When he wakes up and passes the test, he may go."
"Thank you, Doctor."
When I go in to tell Dean the good news, I see Sammy sitting by his bedside.
"I gotta get out of here." Dean says. "Today. Sammy found us a dragon to hunt."
"A dragon?" I ask skeptically.
"Yeah, they aren't exactly the huge lizards they portray in movies." Sam says. "And few hunters have ever seen them."
"Remember, I haven't been doing this as long you guys. What do dragons do again? And how do you know we've found one?"
"12 girls have gone missing in the past few days. All under the age of 20." Dean says. He grins. "Dragons hunt virgins."
I suddenly feel like throwing up. I remember that Dean and Sam don't know I still have my innocence. Obviously they don't, since they show no sign of fear. But right now seems like a bad time to tell them, so I just nod.
"Okay. So where is this thing?"
"About 40 miles south." Sam says. "We leave as soon as we get the all clear from the doctor."
"Actually, that's what I was coming in here to tell you. The doctor said that Dean can go if he can walk."
"I can run a freaking marathon if I can leave this place." Dean says.
I call for a nurse and she has Dean walk down the hallway. She declares him good to go, so I run to the Impala and grab him a pair of jeans, a shirt, socks and underwear, his combat boots and his leather jacket.
Dean is in a very good mood as he gets dressed and gives me a one armed hug. He lifts me up and spins me around. Shrieking and giggling, I say,
"Dean! Put me down! You'll re-injure your shoulder."
"Don't let me forget to have a nurse take off this damned sling." He says as a reply. I find one and she gently helps him remove it.
I walk him out to the Impala and we sit quietly in the car for a minute. Dean is in the passenger seat and I'm in the back, but I can tell something is bothering him.
"Penny for your thoughts." I say lightly.
"It's nothing." Dean says.
"Dean, please. I know something's wrong. Why don't you tell me?"
"It's just, well, something you said when you were being, well. Possessed." Dean mumbles awkwardly.
"Oh." I say.
"The demon said you still loved your ex. That you gave him everything. What exactly does that mean?"
"Well, he was my longest relationship, and I did love him, but he wanted to go further than I did, so he cheated on me with my best friend." I explain.
"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that." Dean says.
"Don't worry, I don't love him any more." I say with a small smile.
"Well, that's a relief." Dean says, returning my smile.
Sam suddenly unlocks the car and we jump.
"We gotta make a stop at the hotel to grab some notes and make a plan," he says. I feel relived. Maybe I can find a way to get out of this hunt after all.
When we arrive, I'm considering ways to fake an injury. I could pretend to come down with a stomach bug or recrack a rib. But then the boys might take me back to the hospital and that would screw up the whole thing. Maybe I should just tell them I'm a virgin. That's probably the best way. When We get to the room, Dean and Sam begin the make plans on how to kill the dragon. Im thinking about how to tell them when Dean pulls me out of my zone.
"Ali, you've hardly said a word. Are you nervous?"
"Actually, I don't think I can go."
"What?" Sam asks. "You're always up for a hunt."
"I know, but I'm not sure I can go." I say turning pink.
"Got a hot date? Somewhere to be?" Dean teases.
"Guys. We're hunting a dragon." I say.
"Yeah, and?" Dean says.
"Oh my god, you guys. Think about it. We. Are. Hunting. A. Dragon." I emphasize. The boys are quiet and then they get huge grins on their faces as they realize what I mean. My face is pink and I'm sweating bullets.
"Wow. Now you really are a baby." Sammy says with a smirk.
Dean looks at me impishly and says, "well, we really need your help on this hunt... I can help you out with your little... Problem."
"You realize I'll still kick your ass right?"
Dean chuckles. "That's my girl."
"But really, are we gonna leave her here Dean?"
"No. We can't. What if something happens while we are gone?" Dean says. He turns to me. "I won't let anything happen to you, I promise."
"Ugh!" I groan. "Fine! But if you get me killed, I'll kill you!"