I carried my back pack and gym bag up the stairs with me, tossing them onto my bedroom floor. I sat down on my bed, resting my legs from the vigorous work out during practice. My stomach growled and I guessed by my parents' current state that a family dinner wouldn't be in the picture tonight. I messed around on my phone for a bit and done some homework, trying to stay busy up here for as long as I could.

A loud crashing sound came from downstairs, causing me to jump. I ran from my room to halfway down the stairs to where I could see what was going on. My mom and dad were in each other's faces and our lamp was busted all over the floor. They were yelling at each other, both slurring their words out of anger. My dad grabbed the ceramic owl from the center of our coffee table and slammed it down. It shattered into tiny pieces that would be difficult to clean up. I shouted their names a few times, trying to get their attention and calm them down but it was useless. They didn't pay me any attention.

I grabbed my purse and headed out to my car. I pulled out of my driveway as fast as I could and drove straight, not knowing where I was even going. I hated arguing and violence, especially when it was taking place in my own house. Pulling into the small parking lot of a park, I dug my phone from my purse with shaking hands. I called Macy and got no answer. I didn't feel comfortable talking about my family issues to any of my other friends and if I told Trent about it he would probably be scared away.

I brought my knees up to my chest and rested my head on them. It would just be better if my dad stayed gone. He didn't even seem to care when he was at home so what was the point?

Without giving a second thought to what I was doing, my fingers glided over my phone screen and I sent a text to Harry.

"Can I come over again? I need a distraction."

"Of course you can. I'll be waiting. -H"

Twenty minutes later I was standing on Harry's front porch. He opened the door before I'd gotten the chance to knock. He was wearing the same tight jeans as last time but matched with a black V-neck instead of a plain white T-shirt. He smiled and backed out of the way to let me inside. We sat down next to each other on his couch.

"How's it going?" Harry asked.

"I just didn't want to be at home."

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I guess. I'll be fine. It's just. . ."

I wished Harry would stop talking and just kiss me. His mouth on mine would make me forget about my problems at home at least for a little bit. I didn't want to dump all my baggage on him but I also didn't want to be rude.

"Just what?"

"I want to be kissed. Please,"

My cheeks burned red at my boldness.

"Of course," he said, already scooting closer to me.

Harry hooked one hand under my thigh and the other on my shoulder, pulling me onto his lap. His lips found mine a moment after. They were silky smooth and moved against mine easily. I smiled against his mouth and tangled my hands into his hair. My earlier problems were already starting to become distant. Harry parted my lips with his tongue and dipped inside. His hands warmed my skin as he trailed them down my back.