Chapter 39: Sister or Lover?

Start from the beginning

"Well now that we have that out of the way, can I ask you something, Yuko?"

Suigetsu asks.

"Ask away, any of you. I'll answer what I can."

"Alright! So why do you look so much like Lily? Are you related or something?"

Suigetsu asks then turns to me with a smirk on his face.

"Hey, Sasuke... If it turns out that you and Lily really are related, can I have her?"

I glare at him with the coldest glare I can make. He instantly pales and hides behind Jugo.

"First off, Suigetsu, Lily is not an object. Second, you even think about trying to take her from me, I'll personally make sure you die a slow and extremely painful death. Got it?"

I growl and Suigetsu nods frantically. Yuko laughs a little then calms down.

"To answer your question, Suigetsu. Lily and Sasuke are not related."

She answers, and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"So what is it then!?"

"It's difficult to explain... Let's just say that Lily and I virtually share the same soul."

"Same soul? Like twins?"

Suigetsu asks.

"In a way, yes. However, she isn't from here. You could say she's from a different world, dimension."

We all look at her with shock, except Orochimaru, who just smirked.

"So I was right after all."

"What do you mean, Orochimaru?"

I ask.

"Kabuto was there when Lily first came here. He told me that she appeared out of nowhere then said something about a mission before Akatsuki took her memories."

He explains.

"I wonder what her mission was."

Jugo says.

"Would you like to know?"

Yuko asks.

"How would you know?"

"Because, Sasuke, I'm the one who gave it to her."

"What!?"

We all yell. Yuko laughs.

"Let me explain. I met Lily while I was traveling. We happen to run into each other as she finished a mission. After we talked for a while and she taught me a few songs, like the one I sang to you, I learned about where she's from. Also, she told me if I needed anything to let her know. I never contacted her until I was heading to Itachi the day I died. I knew hate would eventually consume you, so I asked her to come one year after you left the village to bring you out of the darkness."

"Wow, so after she lost her memory it was a coincidence that Orochimaru found her. We definitely lucked out!"

Suigetsu days, but Yuko shakes her head.

"There's no such thing as a coincidence, Suigetsu, only the inevitable." (AN: Guess the anime that's from!)

"Yuko, I've always wondered something. I was always told that you were the strongest Uchiha of your time. So how did Itachi beat you?"

I ask.

"You noticed that, huh? Well Itachi told you the truth about himself, right?"

I nod.

"I was actually supposed to be the one to eliminate our clan, but I love our clan over the village. Father knew this and was going to have me lead the coup. Before that could happen, I fled like a coward. I thought it would stop the fighting, but the burden got past onto Itachi. The day I died, Itachi and I never actually fought, we talked until you came. Only one of us would get to come out of it alive, and I could never bring myself to kill him. We staged the whole thing. I now wish that we would've told you everything, but it's too late. Will you forgive me for being selfish, Sasuke?"

"Of course I do, Yuko."

"Thank you, my dear brother..."

Yuko starts glowing, exactly like Itachi did before he left.

"Yuko, don't go!"

"I'm sorry, Sasuke, but it's time for me to go. Take care of Lily! Remember that I will always love you no matter what happens! Farewell..."

She softly kisses my forehead then disappears.

'Brother...Sister...Thank you for everything! I love you both!'

I come out of my thoughts when I feel someone move. I look down at Lily who is awake, and I hug her tighter.

"Lily, you're okay, thank God!"

"Uhh, Sasuke.. I can't breath..."

She mumbles. I laugh nervously and let her go.

"Sorry."

"It's fine! What happened, anyways?"

I smile slightly while I shake my head.

"It's a long story, I'll tell you later."

Lily smiles.

"Alright then!"