Chapter 27: Twisted Minds

CHAPTER 27: TWISTED MINDS

"I want you to explain something to me," Maria said as she paced back and forth in Juliet's room, Juliet just sitting on the bed and watching, knowing she was in trouble. "Why'd you think it was a good idea to let Andy in here, especially without me knowing?"

Juliet just stayed silent and looked down without an answer. Maria sighed and stopped pacing, placing her hands on her hips as she regarded Juliet in front of her.

"Yes, I'm rather mad at you for it; you know how I feel about having him skulking around the castle and corrupting you," Maria continued, Juliet looking up this time; annoyed.

"He doesn't skulk, let alone corrupt," she said, the annoyance evident in her tone, Maria just watching and listening to what she was saying. "He just wanted to talk."

"And he stayed virtually all night," Maria said back.

"No matter how much you hate him he's not about to just leave," Juliet said angrily. "Especially if I'm still here and locked away."

Maria looked at her for a few seconds before deciding on what to say.

"Alright well we can talk about this later," she said, her tone far from happy. "I have other places to be and the doctor won't wait forever. From now on you don't let anyone in unless I approve, got it?"

Juliet just gave a nod and Maria turned and headed back out, locking the door after herself.

'~'~'~'~'~

Ash had finally stopped shivering; sure, she was still a bit cold, but she wasn't as bad as she had been. Ronnie continued to lean against the wall near the door; Jinxx still restrained in his seat and not bothering to try and break out.

The doctor had made his presence known a few minutes ago, and he was sorting through papers on his desk to pass the time; he clearly already had a vague idea of what he was needed for today, but as usual he needed to wait for the Queen's orders to do so.

The doctor was in his mid-thirties at least; he was a rather intimidating man. His head was always shaved and Ash was pretty sure he must've done it himself; either way, he wasn't someone she wanted to spend too much time with.

She'd been down here more times than she'd wanted to be, due to one reason or another, and now she was just wondering what the Queen had sent her down here for this time. She had a feeling she knew the reason Jinxx was down here, and it wasn't going to end well.

Her attention was drawn to the door as it opened and Ash held the towel around herself a bit more, feeling a bit exposed still. As predicted, it was Maria who walked in through the door, closing it after herself and giving the doctor a bit of a smile as she came over, standing behind Jinxx's chair and resting her hand on the backrest.

She looked over to Ash briefly before she addressed the doctor who glanced up at her.

"I was hoping you could help me out on a few things," Maria spoke, the doctor still going through his notes and not bothering to even really listen in on his instructions.

"Depends on what you need help with," was the doctor's unenthusiastic response.

Ash knew the doctor all too well; he wasn't quite right in the head and enjoyed inflicting pain and misery on others. Ash just hoped she wasn't in for that today.

Maria glanced over at Ash again before speaking directly to the doctor once more; Ronnie just stayed where he was against the wall and just waited to be told what to do next.

"I need a psych evaluation on Ash and Jinxx," Maria said, Ash just shaking her head and looking down. "Then I have another task for you with Jinxx."