O N E

S T E L L A

I couldn't even tell you how I got to where I am in life right now. I grew up completely on my own. Even I'm impressed with my survival skills. I don't remember much, but I do know my father left me on my own when I was only nine years old. But, I'm fine with it, I like being by myself. I remember tiny things about my childhood like how I had nowhere to sleep or nothing to eat, but somehow, I'm still alive. As I grew older, I found that working the corner and selling myself for money was my best option. I got money fast and easy and that's usually how the sex was too. It was always easy for me because after my father left me I never relied on someone else for love and affection and I never thought twice about what I was doing and how bad it could end. Now that I'm 21 years old, I got a real job and stopped selling myself to random guys. I'm working as a bartender. No, I never went to school and no I never got a degree. I just printed out a bartender's license that I saw online. Most people enjoy having the company of others, but honestly, I would much rather be on my own. That's how I've always been because I'm always by myself, and I love it.

Even though I like being on my own, I did start dating someone. His name is Niall. We've been dating for about 2 months now. I like him a lot but I could never fall in love with him. My life is too much to handle and it's almost like I don't have emotions when it comes to other people.  I met him at the bar I work at. He has blonde hair and blue eyes, very sweet and doesn't get on my nerves which is the most important thing. I've never been the type of girl to date because it's kind of embarrassing trying to explain how I don't live anywhere, but, Niall let's me crash at his place most of the time. He's understanding and we have never gotten into a fight. It is now 10 pm and I don't get off work until 3 am. I have the shittiest hours, and not enough pay.

"Hello?" someone said.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked. I didn't even hear anyone talking to me, I was lost in my own thoughts.

"I said can I have a scotch, neat," the man said.

"Yeah, of course," I said getting out the glass and bottle of scotch.

"You know you have very pretty eyes. I love brown eyes on a girl." I looked up and examined him. He's wearing a suit with the tie loose, hair is a mess. He needs to shave too.

"Thank you," I said, handing him his drink. When he took his drink I noticed something. Wedding ring. What a dick. "Can I get you anything else?" I asked, trying to sound polite.

"Yeah, actually. I would love to see you again," he said with a smile and tried to reach out for my hand but I slapped his hand away from me. "What the fuck?"

"No," I said angrily.

"Why not, princess? I don't bite," he said getting up from the bar stool and leaning over the bar. The word princess made me cringe. He again reached for my arm and brushed his hand up and down it.

Flashback

"I'm home princess!"  My little 7 year old self ran to the front door, excited to see my dad.

"How was work daddy?"

"It was good. But, I'm tired sweetheart." he said tucking my hair behind my ear. "Rain check on the tea party we had planned?" I shook my head in disappointment. I never actually knew what my dad did for a job. Whenever I asked him about it he went around the question and avoided the simple answer like, postal worker, lawyer, or a fucking vet. I never knew. I tried piecing together things he would tell me when we sat in my room for our tea and talked about our day but I could never fully figure it out.

"Yeah, ok." I said.

"I love you princess."

End of flashback

"Your skin is so smooth, " His touch angered me. "When do you get off?" I didn't answer. "Why don't you come back to my place?"  Out of no where, I slapped him right across the face. Everyone around, gasped. "You bitch!" he screamed.

"What is going on here?" a familiar voice said. I turned towards the voice and noticed it was Niall. What is he doing here? The man that was hitting on me walked away and I was still standing behind the bar with my fists clenched, breathing heavily with anger. "Are you ok?" Niall asked. I still didn't say anything, I was just trying to calm myself down. "Hey, look at me," he said. I looked up at his sweet face and into his beautiful blue eyes. "Babe, I thought you had brown eyes?"

"What I do?"

"Why are your eyes green right now?" he asked.

Flashback

"Princess, you have to hold still," my dad said.

"But, I don't like it. It hurts me," I whined.

"I know but don't you want to have super powers? It'll protect you," he said, smiling.

"What kind of super powers daddy?"

"You'll be a real princess. And you'll be the prettiest out of all the other princesses," he said, using his hands to over exaggerate his words. "Do you want super powers?" I nodded my head up and down fast, too excited to use my words.

End of flashback

"It must be the lighting in here or something," I said.

"Why don't you tell your boss you don't feel well and we can go home."

Home.

I shivered at the thought of actually having a home and a place where I feel safe. I just nodded and went off to tell my boss. When I came back, Niall was waiting for me at the bar still. He stuck his hand out in order for me to take it, which I did.

Alright so I know you are probably confused as shit right now but that's because its the first chapter. I promise as you read, everything will make sense with time. Also, the reason the cover says its by two wattpad users is because my friend is helping me write it! Thank you for reading! All the love and so much more xx