1

When you are sick

You were sick. 'Great!' You thought by yourself as you sat up straight in your bed. You had been struggling with sleeping the entire night so you ended up having almost no sleep at all. And besides the fact that you were tired as hell now you also had to deal with your cold. It started yesterday evening when you were walking home from school and it had started raining and you had no umbrella so you were soaking wet when you got home last night. You took a tissue out of the little box that was standing on your nightstand next to your bed and blew your nose in it. Your nose was running the whole time and your head felt so heavy because of all the snot that is was beating like crazy. You couldn't smell anything or taste anything. Tissues were covering your house as if you hadn't cleaned them up in ages but they were only from last night.

And then the worst thing was that in 2 hours your boyfriend Baekhyun would be waiting in his hotel room because you guys were supposed to go on a date today. You sighed and jumped out of bed to go and look for your phone. No matter how much you hated to do this you knew you had to cancel the date. You couldn't go out with him while sneezing and coughing whole the time. That would probably be the most lame date you two ever had. Also you didn't want to infect Baekhyun with your cold because it would have influence on his busy schedule and if you canceled it he could still spend the day with his members having some real fun. As soon as you found your phone you dialed in his number and put the phone next to your ear, waiting until he would pick up. He would probably be grumpy because you're calling him two hours in front of your date and because there was a big chance that he was still sleeping.

"Jagiyaaaaaah, wae?" You grinned when you heard his husky voice, knowing you woke him up just now. "Hey oppa." You tried to say it as happy as possible, but he caught you right as you started talking. "________-ah, are you crying?" He would have thought that because of your low and hoarse voice since your voice was also like this when you cried. "No, but I do have something unpleasant to tell you." "What is it ________?" You bit your lip before you continued. "Our date later today... I think I'll have to cancel it Hyunnie." You heard him getting out of bed and heard Suho tell him that he had to be more quiet since there were members who were still sleeping. But you knew Baekhyun could care less. "Whyyy? You don't want to go out with me anymore?" He wailed and you heard him pouting. "I'm sick oppa." "What? ________-ah, why didn't you tell me earlier? When did you start feeling bad?" "Yesterday evening. But I didn't want to bother you, I know how busy you are. Don't worry about me, go have some fun today, I'll be fine." "Okay, I will baby, bye!"

Then he hung up on you, without saying anything else. You were a little hurt because he was so easy about it and didn't even say he loved you. You dragged yourself to the couch to nag a bit. You took the remote and flipped through the channels but today every programme seemed to be about couples and about love. On the edge of crying you rolled yourself into a little ball as you slowly drifted into a deep sleep.

You had no idea how long you had slept but you woke up when you felt someone shaking you. "_________, wake up! Why are you crying?" You blinked and looked straight into two brown chocolate eyes in which you could get lost. But then you noticed that he was looking down worried at you as he wiped away the tears from your cheeks with the back of his hand. You realised you must have started to cry in your sleep. "Baekhyun? What are you doing here?"

He frowned at you. "I could ask you the same thing you know." You glared at him and shook your head in confusion. "What do you mean? I live here!" "No, I mean what are you doing here, on the couch? You should be in bed right now!" He placed his hands on his sexy hip bones as you remained silent. He sighed when you didn't anwser his question as he sat down next to you and pulled you on his lap. "Now tell me, why are you crying?"

He looked you right in the eyes with a warm smile as his hand rubbed over your back to comfort you. "Why did you hang up on me like that?" You stared at his chest, afraid to look him in the eyes. "Because I didn't have a lot of time and I was in a hurry." He said as he placed one of his long fingers under your chin and pushed your head up so you had to look at him. "Why?" A little grin formed on his face. "Because I still had to make some chicken soup for my sick girlfriend before I could go to her house to have some fun."

You smiled at him and put your hands over your mouth as he leaned in to steal a kiss from you. "Yah! ________-ah, why are you doing that?" He pulled at your arms while pouting and you shook your head. "You can't kiss me, what if you get sick too? My Baekhyun can't get sick!" He looked at you and nodded. "You know what, you're right." He said as he pushed you down so that you lay with your back on the couch. "But I don't care." He whispered as he held your hands high above your head and pecked your lips repeatedly. "Now, let's go eat my soup! You'll love it, because I made it!" He pulled you with him to the kitchen as you smiled at him. You were happy that Baekhyun was finally here, and that in his eyes spending time with you was fun even though you were sick and miserable.

***

Copyrights to dolliedollie, baobyunbuns, ashyyyy_