The Ultimate Creation

I opened my eyes.

Where am I?

I am floating in a warm, green liquid. My eyes slowly scan the room, I'm having trouble focusing. I see these large, pinkish creatures with very loose white skin flapping around them. At first, I feel confused, like maybe I should be alarmed at their presence, but the feeling quickly passes. Instead, I feel a wrenching pain from my abdomen, I look down in surprise. Suddenly, I realize. I'm hungry. The thought clarifies what my body is trying so hard to tell me, and for some reason, I have an instinct that those flabby animals might make good food... I notice now that they are all crowding around me, and exclaiming things in a peculiar language. Suddenly, the fluid starts draining from around me, and I start to worry, What will happen to me if the liquid disappears? I wonder. A wave of energy floods me as I realize the creatures might think of ME as a source of food as well, I start to struggle against my body's sluggish numbness, my only thoughts are to escape. The tube separating me from the abominations starts humming...

Suddenly, I fall forward onto a table. I frantically try to push myself up, but this glowing light appears around my wrists and ankles and prevents me from escaping. "Glorious! He is already showing signs of consciousness!" says one of the monstrous beings. For some reason, I understand what he says, although the words have no meaning to me. Consciousness? What's that? I wonder.

"Yes, once we transfer the computerized life-data into his memory banks he will be a fully sentient being!" says one of the animals with enthusiasm.

"Start hooking him up, and we'll get it done faster!" growls one of them. Several come forward, but I refuse to cower; instead I raise my head up and snap at them.

"Woah! Watch out, Carson, he's a biter!" exclaims the beast I just tried to maim.

They attach strings to my head, and no matter how hard I try to get them off, I fail. I am NOT about to get feasted upon by those mindless wretches! I swear to myself, I will not succumb to these horrific creatures, I refuse too! However, before I can break free, one of them pushes a raised bump on the wall. "Arghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!" I cry out, in shock or anger I'm not sure. My head feels like it might explode, the agony is unbearable! Images, information flood my brain, so much I can't even BEGIN to process it! My mind reeling, I start to pass out.

The darkness consumes my vision, and memories I don't remember dance before me. I'm too overwhelmed. I wonder what happened as my brain fades to black. Then... Silence... Never ending silence... For how long I'm unaware... I float through the night, going somewhere I know not... Wait...

I see a light.