Chapter Thirty-Five : Trouble in Paradise

Start from the beginning

I nod, "Of course, let's go right away."

"Right... As soon as this match is over."

"Starving, huh?"

Another kill.

He chuckles as he speaks, "I have a kill to death ratio and victory score to uphold."

I laugh, "If you say so."

"Only five minutes left max, baby!"

Fifteen minutes later we are in Dylan's car, pulling away from his house in pursuit of this authentic and apparently really yummy Mexican cuisine place he enjoys on occasion.

It is raining pretty hard outside, as it seems to do relentlessly nowadays. My boyfriend produces the idea to get the food to go and eat in the car down at the waterfront, where we go sometimes to see the lovely view which is especially stunning at night.

During our journey there, he keeps glancing at me while he drives, as though he has something on his mind. I finally decide to call him out on it.

"Dyl."

"Hm?"

"Why are you looking like that?"

"Like what?"

"All sus," I grin slightly. "Is there something you'd like to say?"

"Well, yeah, actually I had an idea."

"Lay it on me, big daddy."

He laughs a little, "We're having a date tomorrow."

"Oh, we are?", I outbreak into a large grin. "What kind of date?"

"It's a surprise!"

"Why are they always surprises?!"

"Because surprises are amazing!"

"Yeah, true, but by the same token I think they're a little scary."

He chuckles, "There is nothing to be afraid of, come on now. What do you think it could be?"

"I have no idea, that's exactly what makes it so scary!"

"Okay, okay, point taken," his gorgeous eyes glance back at me before he smiles. "Still not telling. Just come to my house at six."

I sigh, "Shall do, oh mysterious one."

Once we reach the busy spot, Dylan volunteers himself to go inside on his lonesome to fetch dinner. After he asks me what I want twice and I tell him both times that I feel no hunger, he finally disappears inside for a good twelve minutes.

I smile at him as he returns, a decent sized bag in his hands before he climbs back into the drivers seat and buckles up.

"Wow, that looks like a lot of food," I comment as I take the white paper bag from his cold hands.

"I told you I was starving."

"So what'd you get?"

"I got myself a chicken burrito and a couple tamales, plus chips and guac. I got you, my love, some steak tacos."

"What the hey, you got me food?"

He shrugs, "I hope you like steak tacos, you wouldn't tell me what you wanted to eat, so that's what I went with."

"Yeah, I told you I wanted nothing; I'm not hungry."

"Okay but that's like impossible considering you've been with me for the past seven hours and haven't eaten once that entire time."