Jillian the Neurosynth

Start from the beginning

"I suppose you want to talk to me now that you know I am like you and we are the only ones of our kind," she said.

"Yes, mom", I said.

"And you now know I am not really your mom but some kind of guardian", she continued.

"Yeah"

"And you now know about our .....peculiar......side effects from being neurosynths."

I did not say anything. I could see her take a breath and look at my crotch.

"Do you want to go running?", she asked. "I would feel more comfortable talking to you that way", she said. "I know it's not early morning but that's okay"

"Alright", I said.

We both separated to put on our running clothes. I wore my usual T shirt and sport shorts without underwear, while mom showed up in a yellow short running shorts and a crop top. She looked great as usual and the crop top revealed her beautiful defined abs that I always admired. The only thing that surprised me was she did not wear her usual sports bra. She was bra-less and you could see her nipples and her breasts jiggling around. I wasn't going to complain.  I thought they were beautiful.

"Let's just run down to the beach and then along the beach and back. We can run slow so we can talk easier if you like. We can also stop at any point too, okay?", she asked.

"Sounds good to me."

I often ran with mom but usually at dawn. I liked to watch the smooth motion of her form as she ran along side me. Sometimes I actually liked running behind her to watch her motion and beautiful legs and her cute behind. This time I stayed by her side. We started out the doorway and then down the road towards the same beach that I had ridden my bike to earlier. I decided to start the conversation.

"Mom, how long have you been a Neurosynth?"

"About two years"

"Is this something you wanted to do?  Obviously Dr. Mos wanted to do it but did you?"

"Yes I did," said mom with no hesitation.

"Really?"

"Yes, really...... I did it for two reasons. First, I liked Dr. Mos and trusted him, and second it was my only chance of survival. You see, Cole, I was dying of pancreatic cancer. I only had two weeks to live at most. Mos determined that the left side of my brain was fortunately cancer free and he transferred it into the body you see here."

"Who were you, I mean, who was the left side of your brain?", I asked.

"I was Dorothy Ketchem, a retired nurse. You see, Cole, Dorothy was 73 years old - one year older than Dr. Mos."

That just amazed me.

"Do you have a good memory of your life as Dorothy?  I don't have a good memory of Dr. Mos"

"I didn't at first but most of it came back and it's still coming back after two years. I think I remembered most of my left brain Dorothy life after about one year. We all think Dr. Mos's memory will come back to you too."

"Are you happy with this life?", I asked.

"Yes, I am. I feel great again, and have the pleasures of youth again, and hopefully have a long life to look forward to."

"Cole, I think your memories from Mos and Onni will get strong, and I think you will remember how to find neurosyn for the project. That has to be a prominent memory in you.", she continued.

"Mom, do you mind if I start calling you Jill?  You are not really my biological mother."

"Actually, I would prefer that you call me Jillian or Jill rather than mom. My being your mother is really a legal guardianship thing that we made up. I want to be a close friend and someone you care about.  I do not want you to think of me as mom, because I am not.  I also do not feel like your mother. Think of me as a female friend."