Chapter 1- Back Home

Jake's POV

Finally returning back to my pack after 9 years. I missed so much, like my best friend and his mate having their first child. Her name is Angelica, apparently her name doesn't suit her, her dad said she should've been named after the devil cause she's evil and likes to cause trouble where ever she goes. I had to leave the day Eric and his mate Aroma were about to give birth to their daughter, she gave birth 3 hours after I bored the flight to Washington DC to attend a meeting that led to landing a job at the Alpha Attendance bored which monitors all Alphas in all states. It saddened me to take the job but I did because it let me do great upgrades to my pack and expand it into the empty land beside our pack within a month of being in the job I had expanded the pack onto at least 600 acres of land. I parked the car in Eric's drive through, his house bigger than it was 9 years ago, but after the upgrades of course it'd be bigger. When I got the call from my Beta that Rouge sitting were seen near the territory something told me I had to come back and make sure things were smooth with the packs warrior system.

I opened my wallet to look at the picture of Angelica they sent me after she was born. I printed it out and put it in my wallet cause it was cute and I had pictures of everyone in my pact. Upgraded pictured every year I was gone. I loved everyone in my pack. I looked at the photo, she was a newborn and got her mother's bright blue/light eyes, and pale newborn skin. She had a pink head band with a flower and seemed full of life and happy.

I got out of the car and walked up the 3 stairs and knocked at the door. Soon it opened. A fresh scent of strawberries and cinnamon came to my nose and my mind screamed mate!!! Repeatedly. I was excited to meet my mate who was over, was it his cousin, sister, who?. But the person who opened the door was no adult. It was a 9 year old girl whose dark blond hair that went straight down past her shoulders and around her adorable face, her light blue eyes still as vibrant but a little dull, full lashes. She was wearing a blue longsleeve and a pair of blue jean shorts. She looked generally angry at the world

"Who the heck are you" she said her adorable voice made me smile, but then my wold screamed again "mate" and that's when I realized my mate was a 9 year old girl.

"ANGELICA MARIE CLAIRE ANDREWS! GET YOUR BUT IN THIS LIVING ROOM NOW!" I felt the need to growl at the voice who just yelled at her, then it hit me my mate was not just a 9 year old girl. But my beta/best friends daughter. My world started spinning

"Daddy I would but some dude is at the door" she said looking at me like she could kill me with her fingers. Damn what was wrong with this child. Soon I saw Eric emerge from the living room covered in pink sparkles head to toe, bright blue lipstick on his lips, her looked like a rainbow exploded on him.

"Jake!! Oh god its good to see your back, and sorry for my attire you see my devil of a daughter thought hanging a bucket above the bathroom door was fun" he said grumpy, I bursted out laughed, tears trickling down my cheeks.

"Who is this guy" Angelica asked her father

"Well Angelica this is Alpha Jake and he's the leader of the pack" he said to her and she looked at me a stuck her hand out

"Nice to meet you" she said and I stuck my hand out and shook her hand, sparks flew up my arm and she looked and me and at her hand, clearly she felt them too. She let go and smiled "well I'm going to play with my ipad now bye big Alpha man" and she walked away. I looked at Eric again laughed but he elbowed me in the stomach. Awe how I missed my pack

Angelica POV

I may be 9 years old but I am smart and I like to prank people. That alpha dude made me smile and what were those tickles that happened when he shook my hand. Wait I remember daddy saying you feel sparks when you meet your mate. Maybe Alpha Jake is my mate... I like him, he's pretty to look at and seems really funny. But I'm small and he's big, there is no way he's my prince charming. Stupid me for thinking so, I felt pain in my chest, do I have a crush on Alpha Jake. I blushed and giggled I guess I do but he ain't gonna like me if he knows how bad I am and how badly I've pranked people. Maybe I'll just be a good girl around him and bad around others. Ya that's what I'll do. Alpha Jakey is mine wetter or not he has a mate.

Hmph I'll make sure no girl goes near Jakey he mine.

Jake POV

I sat down with Eric and Aroma and told them about Angelica being my mate, at first Eric didn't believe me but my Wolf growled and he finally realized, he knew I wasn't lying but he also knew how terrified I was.

"What are you going to do?" He asked, I put my head in my hands and groaned

"What the hell can I do, the moon goddess mated me with a 9 year old girl, and I have no fucking clue what I am supposed to do because she's way to young" Eric shook his head

"I trust you man, I think you should stay for at least 4 month until the rouge delema is over and then leave again until she's 19, and matured, hopefully by then she'll understand who you are" I felt my heart shatter

"This is the hardest decision of my life" I said and I felt my wolf whimper

"Man I know, try being her father and knowing her mate is in front of me, my best friend since forever, but I know when she is of age you'll treat her right" he said and hugged him and Aroma. She was nervous but she trusted me she knew how mates worked and she knew I wouldn't do anything to hurt my mate even if it meant hurting myself.

What a life this has become.

Vote & Comment your thoughts ❤