One Night- Chapter 3

"You're silly, you know we were saving that for you" says Sherry as she stands up giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

I swallow my food and wipe my mouth then slowly face him, blood rushing to my face from embarrassment. And there he is standing there with his tall lean figure of six feet with dark brown eyes and black spiked hair. My eyes quickly rake over him taking in his dark denim express jeans and black sweater that I helped choose out the last time the three of us were on a shopping trip.

"Hey David!" I say as I get up and give him a hug inhaling his sweet scent of Curve as my mind wanders.

He smells so good! No! He doesn't, he is Sherry's boyfriend! I snap my mind out of my shameful thoughts and immediately let go of the hug and pull out the chair for him to sit. "What's up?" I say bringing my thoughts to something new.

"Nothing much, just have a hangover headache from last night, you know why" he says taking his seat as we all sit back down.

My mind starts to panic from his statement. What did he mean by you know? Does he know what happened between us? Does he remember? "You know", was that toward me only? Should I know because I was secretly with him until early this morning? Damn.

"Awe poor baby but I know what you mean. I had a headache too and my stomach felt like the Pacific Ocean but I took Tylenol and Tums. Last night was crazy but I had so much fun! Thank you guys for the best 21st birthday ever!" Sherry says snapping me back to the food court.

"Yay I'm glad you had a great time! It was so much fun, I was scared the club would have been over crowded but it wasn't that bad and the DJ was poppin!" I said.

"I loved it! We should go back there again! The drinks were really good and super cheap too. Not overpriced like other places. You two went crazy taking more shots than the birthday girl! I don't even remember how many we took!" Sherry said. I laughed turning my head to David catching his laugh join mine.

"I don't remember either... I don't even remember how we got home," David says putting his arm over Sherry's shoulders.

"Me too... how did we get home?" I said moving my eyes to Sherry's face trying not to stare at David's arm around her.

"You guys are crazy! And I thought I was drunk! Jake called us a cab and the cab took us back. I think.. you and David helped me to my apartment then David helped you to your apartment since that was the plan" says Sherry laughing as she rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

"Oh right!" I slightly giggle, "How could I forget?"

I think back and a rush of images flow through my head. An image of me and David carrying Sherry's dead weight body into her apartment and her bedroom. Me stumbling at the edge of her bed as I take off her heels and David slips off her dress in exchange for her extra large Giants t-shirt. Then me and David chuckling as we put a blanket over her, attempting to be quiet and sneaky. Then us back in the cab and then in his apartment.

"Thanks for changing me, by the way, and sorry if I was too crazy and a mess" Sherry added blushing a deep red.

"No problem babe, and you weren't a mess, you were a beautiful heavy drunk" he laughed.

" Hey!" Sherry said punching his arm.

We finished our food and continued to walk around the mall in and out of stores searching for good sales. David and Sherry holding hands as usual and me walking next to Sherry instead of the usual next to David. I just couldn't walk next to him and his radiating heat I felt every time he was near. I felt guilty and I still didn't know if he remembered. Damn, I need to know if he knows.

"Hellooo... earth to Melanie " says Sherry snapping her fingers at my face making me look at her and David staring at me. "Do you want to check out Bebe?"

"Yeah sure! Sorry about that!" I say following them into the store. I glaze over the formal dresses with Sherry while David goes directly to the black leather couches where other boys are sitting and waiting. Sherry and I grab long and short black, coral, white and blue dresses and head straight to the dressing room. We share the big one and I slip on the long black goddess dress while Sherry slips on the same dress except in white. How ironic I think to myself as I look at the mirror at both of us. We slip outside and walk to David who immediately shakes his head and me and sherry head back to the dressing room laughing. Then, Sherry slips on a short blue dress showing off her tan complexion while also bringing out her blue eyes. I slip on a coral bandeau dress that is so tight and short I can barely get it on.

"Damn" I say staring at Sherry and me in the mirror. "These dresses barely cover anything!" Sherry looks at me her lips curving into a smile.

"Yeah you can say that again! We look hot Melanie ! Let's go show David and give him a heart attack!" So we both go out and catwalk toward David posing at the end as we reach him. I look at his face as his jaw drops open and shock runs through it. Sherry and I high five each other and start laughing.

"Do you like it?" Sherry asks.

"You guys look amazing" He says almost breathless. "Those dresses look really good on you and the colors are something new. I'm so use to you guys wearing dark dresses, these are a nice change."

"Hehe thanks!" Sherry said, "So heart attack material?"

David laughed, "Well you got my attention babe, you look great" She hugged him and skipped to the dressing room while I slipped on a pair of heels that matched the dress.

"You look so beautiful" David whispers in my ear sending shivers down my back. I turn to face him and say "thanks" looking into his brown eyes that seem to mesmerize me losing me in the moment. Damn his eyes... he is Sherry's!!!! Stop looking at him and move I tell my mind as my body seems frozen. I tear my gaze from his and lift my foot off the floor to slip off the heel and as I do so I loose my balance. David's arms surround me and hold me back up and I quickly slip off the other heel.

"Thanks" was all I could say before running into the dressing to Sherry.

"Hey what took you so long? Did the heels attack you?" Sherry asked already dressed in her jeans and purple floral blouse.

"No" I laughed, "I slipped in the heels I was in but David caught me before I hit the ground"

"Are you ok?" Concern rising in Sherry's voice, "they must have been some high heels, you look a little dazed."

Do I? Damn David and his entire being that makes my heart skip a beat every time I see or feel him around me. "Yeah, I'm fine don't worry just a little slip" I say trying to calm my heartbeat as I change back to regular clothes.

We end our shopping adventure in the parking garage as Sherry realizes she forgot about her study group and is now late leaving David to take me home. We wave bye to Sherry as she pulls out and drives away like a NASCAR driver. I turn hesitantly to David's silver Civic to find him already in the car leaning over opening my door. I get in and put on my seat belt preparing myself for a long interesting drive.

"Thanks for the ride" I say as I unbuckle myself in front of my apartment building. Glad I am finally home so I can hide from that awkward drive in silence.

"Wait!" David says catching my arm before I open the door.

"Yeah?" I say, pulse racing from his touch as I turn to him trying to figure out what he is trying to say even though my mind already knows what it is.

"We need to talk about what happened last night." he says.

Oh Man.....

©baybiepnay

--> comment and vote! let me know what you think =] thanks!!!