Death bed

I was currently in the base training until I passed out or was on the verge or passing out. I couldn't wait for the thugs to show their faces, I don't know how I killed their leader, but they are pretty pissed about it.

"Huny you need to rest up." My mother said putting her soft hand on my sweat filled back.
"No mom, I can't when I know I've put my family and friends in danger. I need to be the best I can be." I said shrugging her hand off my back and staring at her.
"Fine but at least drink some, no drink a lot of water." She said chuckling at herself that she corrected herself.

Sometimes I swear she acts like a complete child. I smiled at the thought and went to grab my water bottle. It had little ice cubes floating around in the water making it well, ice cold. I drank the all the water, my mom trudged up the one flight of stairs to get me another water bottle.

"Nora!" My mother screamed, are the thugs already here? I dropped my water bottle grabbed a gun and ran to the stairs, skipping two at a time. When I reached my mother she was tied to a chair, with Mikey and my father tied also. I started to untie them.

I got my mother done first, she went to help her husband and I helped Mikey. I took the rag out of his mouth so he could breath and talk properly.
"What happened?" I asked him
"What do you think happened? They're here Nora, and they're after you." He said getting up and stretching his limbs.

I stood there looking at the black tilled floor in front of me.
"Wait if your here, then there must be guards. Where are they?" I asked more quietly
Mikey pointed behind him where a door was and a thin wall. I walked over pressing my back against it and shutting my eyes. I gripped the gun tighter and flew around and shot the guy who was there in the head killing him.

I took his shotgun and put it on my wait band, it sat there uncomfortably. I walked back around to see my father smiling at me proudly.
"Let's get this show on the road." I said

I dragged them downstairs into the training room. I grabbed two pistols with extra bullets and six grenade's, I handed down the other weapons to the rest who needed them. Mikey flipped the gun in his hand uncomfortably, he looked at me almost unsure of himself.

"Mikey, you've done this before and you can do it again, but this is your home." I said hugging him.
"I thought I left this all behind in Afghanistan." He said softly in my hair.
"You never forget, you never stop doing what you do." I said trying to sound professional but failed miserably. His chest rumbled causing my head to move with his chest.

"Ok come on troops!" I said leading them out and locking the door behind me even though that would do nothing.

"Mom you go with Mikey and stay around here and make sure nobody gets into the training facility. Dad you come with me and were going to get the other troops with their weapons, I know this is my fight but we need the other too." I said talking to them, they were all in a line but not saluting me, which is fine.

Mom and Mikey took their stances with their guns raised ready if anybody walked through the door. Dad and I walked outside, the gravel and sand crunching underneath our feet. I walked around the corner to see the building where all the other marines stay. I took out the key that unlocks it, I'm not exactly sure why we lock it, but we do. I put the key twisted it and heard the little click and pushed open the doors.

"Sir!" The marines yelled all standing in front of the bunk like beds. I nodded my head stiffly.
"I know I shouldn't drag you guys down into this mess but, it's fine if some of you guys do not want to fight. But there are people here threatening my family, friends, and of course, you guys. If you want to help fight for what is good stand on this side, the ones of you who do not want to fight stand on this side." I said catching my breath, most of them wanted to fight the rest backed down looking ashamed.

"For those of you who do not want to fight!" I said strictly all their heads snapped up to meet my hard gazed.
"It's fine I understand, you will be locked up in here but I will leave the key with one of you incase they ever get in." I said they all huffed out clearly relieved I didn't cut their heads off.

"And for the ones who wanted to join and fight. Thank you all very much, you are selfless which is a present you should always keep with you. Now go get your weapons and meet me out in the front!" I said throwing the key for someone to catch.

I heard them all scrambling some for their weapons and others for the key. The sand and gravel crunched under our feet as we walked along a different path. I heard light sobs coming from my left where my father was standing.

"Dad are you crying?" I asked him
"N-no, well I guess but they are tears of joy, I can't believe my baby girl grew up to be such a strong girl and a great leader." He said. I smiled and hugged him awkwardly.

"But father I will always be your little girl!" I said kissing his forehead. The forest trail where we would go on for runs started and surrounded us in greenery. I sighed and smelt the fresh air that you can't smell in the city.

I heard the crunching of leaves and twigs, something is near. I grabbed my father arm and tugged him down to the ground so we were crouching. I put my finger up to my lips signalling for him to be quiet. He nodded and strained his ear to listen to any sound he could muster up. The bushes started to move and some of the green leaves fell off. A nice polished boot came out first then legs.

I moved my gun up to where the chest would be about and was getting ready to shoot. A man with ugly tattoos snaking up his arms and ended under his chin where a small bear was forming. He was wearing all leather he had a permanent scowl plastered on his face. I don't get how he didn't see us but he didn't.

I shot him square in the heart, he crumpled to the ground he was laying in a pool of his own blood.
"Good shot!" My dad said patting my back. I nodded my head stiffly and looked around.
"We can't stay here long we have to get going." I said as we continued our walk down what could be our death bed.

But I will die and not my father if it comes to that.