My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 16

Start from the beginning

He couldn't let this go on. It was forbidden territory.

He wouldn't let this go on, Arnav decided. No matter what. Even if it meant distancing himself from Khushi.

Meanwhile, upstairs Khushi didn't know how to react. In fact she was shocked. Why wasn't she feeling repulsed with his touch? Why didn't she feel impure? Had it been any other man on earth, she knew she would have definitely felt disgusted by what had just occurred, even though it was an accident. But why didn't she feel that way with Arnav?

The feel of his lips on hers was still fresh in her mind... And it just felt so... she didn't even have words to describe it. But she knew one thing. She definitely didn't feel anything negative about what had just happened - and that scared her.

Was she... was she... was she... in l-love with Arnav?

No of course not, she berated herself. You can't just fall in love in a few days! That's not possible. No. She can't be in love.

But then... what was this feeling then? If it wasn't love, then is it just... lust?

NOOO! Her heart rebuked her instantly. This was definitely not lust. This feeling was so pure. It was anything but lust.

Khushi just didn't know what to think of everything. The more she sought for answers the more questions she came up with, bringing her into a deeper pit of confusion. So she decided she would just ignore this whole thing and pretend as though it didn't happen. She would just forget it and continue her friendship with Arnav.

But that was easier said than done because the very next moment the centre piece of all her problems walked through the door again, making the incident which happened a few minutes ago replay in her head again. And again. And again.

So much for wanting to forget, she thought.

Arnav had wanted to leave the house and go on a drive to clear his thoughts. But then he stopped remembering what had happened in his absence only a few hours ago.

No. He couldn't risk it. Right now Khushi's safety was the most important thing and he would be damned if he let these stupid feelings come in between him and his duty. He couldn't risk her safety at any cost.

So Arnav decided to go back upstairs - even if that meant coming face to face with Khushi again. However, as he went up the stairs it clicked in his brain that actually there was a way of keeping close to her and not having to face her...

When Khushi saw Arnav come into the room through the corner of her eyes she hoped against hope that she wouldn't have to face him and speak to him - it was just too awkward and she wasn't ready. She sent up so many prayers in those few seconds to Devi Maiyya that Devi Maiyya's ears would definitely have hurt.

As if Khushi's prayers were answered, Arnav went straight past Khushi without acknowledging her, up to a set of curtains. He pushed aside the curtains to reveal a set of sliding doors leading to a beautiful poolside surrounded by a huge variety of flowers. The poolside was glowing with the moonlight's touch.

Khushi watched in awe of the sight before her. It had never occurred to her before that there could be something beyond those curtains - she had always been busy with one worry or another so she never got the chance to explore the room properly. But now looking at the view, she was awestruck.

Unaware of all of this Arnav went out to the poolside and sat near his plants, where he felt closer to his mother. His heart was still at war with his brain regarding the kiss and his plants were just what he needed to find a little bit of solace.

Although Khushi had promised herself that she would forget about the kiss, her heart just would not comply. The more she tried to forget about it, the more it came back to memory. But somehow, the view of the poolside seemed to calm her heart a little.