Chapter 8:Nando's

"Uhhhh.....noooooooo she's not, she can't be," Casper said. I closed my eyes and took a shaky breath in. "What?" Jake said confused. Using my vamp speed I slapped Casper in the face. He rubbed his cheek when I was back next to Jake. "A-Are you actually?" he asked through mind link. "Explain later,"  I replied. I saw Casper trying to put on a natural face, but I could hear his mind exploding.... I know that sounds weird just go with it. "Wait, Jake why did you think I would say no?" I asked him, he rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know, just had a feeling like you would have something preventing you from saying yes," he said. I blinked hard and swallowed. I felt my pocket vibrate. I pulled out my phone.

Crystal -

'WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? WE NEED TO TALK!' said the message on my phone. When Crystal uses caps you better not mess with her and do what she says, even me. I growled. "What?" Jake asked. "Crystal needs to speak with me, it's urgent,"I said. "How much?" he asked. "She used caps for all the words, so extremely, sorry Jake," I said. "Nah its ok, if its that bad its fine," he said. I hugged him and I skated out, Casper hot at my heels.

"So...the target...he's-", "Can we just get to the house first please" I interrupted. "Ok," he said. We rode back to the house fast. I opened the door and Crystal was staring at me. Her hair was messy in a bun and she seemed worried and nervous. She opened the door to let me in. "Crystal whats going o-" I stopped when I saw who was sitting on the lounge. "Alpha," I said kneeling down on one knee and crossing my arm against my leg. Casper followed. "Hello Crimson," my Alpha said. I stood up. "What are you doing here?" I asked him nervously. "To help, Jake Nimen the target is stronger than we all thought," he said. "Really?" I asked. "Nothing she can't handle right?" Casper said.

My alpha looked nervous. It's weird that he never told us his name, we just call him Alpha...be funny if that was his name but with my alpha you never know. He looked nervous, it was a new look for him. "Jeez," Casper said quietly. "Hm, he of course as you know originated from the original wolves, but, the Shadows have reported that his family are hunting witches to cast spells on him to make him stronger, more resistant and harder to kill, they say they over heard a witch saying about the targets mate, of course, female and will be on a strong power level like him," he said. Crystal, Casper and I looked at each other nervously.

"Yeah I know, It is said that when they find each other and he marks her they will both be unstoppable, even Crimson won't be able to stop them, together if you fought them Crimson, you will most likely die," he said. I could hear what Crystal and Casper both wanted to say, I wanted to ask it too but it was too risky. We are all going to have to be extra careful with the shadows around, the Shadows are the spy who are in the shadows watching, they are very sneaky.

"Well, Crimson, can you update us on how far you are with the mission?" My alpha asked. "Well, I'm nearly there, two girls are dead because of me, one attacked me so I kinda killed her on instinct, another saw my eyes and went insane and killed her self this morning. Then not long ago actually Jake asked me to be his girlfriend, of course, I accepted, that's how I lure them in for the kill, get their trust, become close and then turn," I said. My alpha nodded. I started to notice how nervous he was, I started to see grey in his hair, he was in his thirties but this much pressure for an alpha can get you hard. "Hm, well we need to be quick with this target, the quicker he finds his mate, the harder it is for us to kill him, so get on to it quickly Crimson, or the fate of our pack could be at stake, we will probably be their first target," he said. "I will return in a week to get updated, the Shadows are all over the place and if you need help, you know what to do," he said walking out.

I was shaking a lot. "Oh Blades," I said. I slumped down on the lounge putting my hands over my face. "So, the target is your mate," He said. "Yeah, thanks for not saying anything," I said. "I...I was really close to asking him-", "What if Crimson was his mate?" Crystal said "Exactly," he replied. "Yeah same," I said. "Well we need to make a plan, a way to make it easier for Crimson to kill him," Casper said. I gave him a deadly look. "Well, pretend" he corrected. There was silence for a while, brains ticking away. I couldn't think of anything, I just kept going back to that Jakes going to die, when and if he marks me he will be even more powerful, he will go after my alpha, my pack, my family.