Chapter 28

*Unedited*

Madhu started recovering slowly. But not because of the medicines but because of the love and affection she was receiving. Anjali would stay 24/7 with her. She cared for her just like a mother does for her own kids. Her stay at the hospital brought her a lot closer to Anjali. Balraj Chowdhary was absconding. Shamsher and Samar had decided not to talk about him in front of the kids. Madhu was still unaware of all that happened.

Khushi, Arnav, and Rishab wanted to skip college but their protests went down the drain and they were anyway sent to college. So they used to return back to her as soon as possible. They used to tell her everything that she missed about college. So Madhu never felt that she had missed anything. Her stay at the hospital became truly a prized possession as she and Rishab would practice their dialogues for hours. She felt a strange bond whenever he was around and secretly awaited his arrival.

Khushi and Rishab were her in-house information and broadcasting department about the latest happenings at college while Arnav was head of the education department. Madhu especially had an hour reserved for him when he would tell her about new chapters they had learned. He would help her with their studies but unfortunately, that hour was cut down to half an hour by intervention attempts of Rishab and Khushi. Though Khushi and Rishab didn't like this at all they agreed when Madhu insisted.

Khushi and Arnav's bond also strengthened. Arnav also started to understand that all girls were not cheaters and that what happened to him in the past was a mistake, a terrible mistake. He now loved the child inside Khushi. But there was one major problem-now Rishab also called him "Laad Governor", a nickname devised by Khushi. Khushi also started to like her Laad Governer but was unsure of her feelings.

One day Anjali heard laughter from Madhu's room. She slowly peeped inside to see all four of them laughing. Madhu was sitting in her bed while Rishab and Arnav were sitting on a sofa beside her. And a cheerful Khushi was busy acting like pussycats -Dipali and Lavanya. The only difference is that now Trishna was not a part of their trio.

Suddenly Anjali felt a pat on her shoulder. She turned around and saw Samar standing beside her with a tense look on his face.

Samar: Anjali there is something that you need to know.

Anjali: What happened? Is everything okay?

Samar: Balraj Chowdary has been nabbed.

"WHAT?"

Both of them turned around and found Arnav, Khushi, and Rishab staring at them.

Samar: Yes...he's been nabbed while trying to flee the city.

Rishab: That f**ker!! So why did he try to kill his own brother's daughter?

Samar: Due to property reasons.

Anjali: Property reasons?

Samar: Yes, he said that he wanted to kill Madhu so that his son becomes the sole successor of all his parental property. And since Khushi is not the real daughter of Shamsher Malik, he had no problem with her.

Anjali : (Gasps) W-w-what?

Khushi: Ohh. Shamsher uncle and Balraj uncle don't have any other siblings. So their ancestral property was to be divided between two only...

Samar: And that's why he wanted to get rid of Madhu. He knew that Madhu's father would transfer his share to them when he gets devastated by the death of his daughter.

Rishab: All this just for the property?

Samar: How can anyone stoop so low?

Arnav: But then why did the gunman aim his gun at Rishab that day? I am pretty sure he was pointing at Rishab. Madhu just came in between.

Samar: That may be a coincidence only as he didn't tell anything about that. Now excuse me, I have to go and talk to Malik ji.

With that Samar went away, but Madhu saw a different gleam in his eyes. She knew that this was not the complete truth. There was something that he was hiding from her or maybe something which he didn't want to tell in front of them.

A week later Madhu was going to be discharged. Everyone was excited to take her home. Khushi came rushing outside with a hospital bag.

Khushi: Rishab will you please bring Madhu to the car?

Rishab : (Smirks) Say 'please'.

Khushi : (Gasps) You little.........wait, I'll ask Arnav to bring her outside.

Rishab: Woah birdie, hold on. I am going.

Khushi : (Chuckles) Thanks, I need to go laad governor is waiting outside.

Madhu was finally ready to leave for home. She missed it so badly that now she was almost jumping with the job. This excitement of hers caused her a little tumble when she fell down the bed in a hurry to get up. But before she could hit the ground, someone broke her fall and held her by the waist. She slowly opened her eyes to see Rishab holding her. Madhu gazed into his eyes but was broken out of her trance when Rishab shook her slightly. God, he was so handsome.

Rishab: Madhu? Wake up!!

Madhu: Huh?

Rishab : (Smirks) It's not your fault sweetheart. Girls usually behave like this when they see a smart, charming, and handsome boy like me.

Madhu: I-it's not like that.

Rishab: Oh really? (Comes a little close) Then why were you staring at me?

Madhu: I was not staring at you.

Rishab: Then what?

Madhu didn't know what to say. So she decided it was better to change the topic.

Madhu: I-I think it's getting late.

Rishab : (Smirks) As you say...

But he loved this confused look on her face, it only made her cuter. An hour later Madhu was at home. Shamsher thanked Anjali and Samar. He now loved Rishab and Arnav as his own sons.

Authors Note: Next update will contain a big surprise and an unexpected turn. Please vote and comment. And please do read my Marriage by law - one shot.