Chapter 20

*Unedited*

Happy Independence Day to fellow Indians.

Soon the journey started and Madhu was looking out of the window and enjoying the scenery while Khushi was listening to songs and loudly humming along. Dipali was having a fake talk about her so-called 'Paris trip' with Trishna but Trishna constantly kept looking at Madhu as if something was wrong. Yuvraj was busy flattering Lavanya while Lavanya was busy flirting with Zuma. Arnav was reading a book while Rishab sat beside him groaning. Who the hell bought books for a trip!? 

Rishab: Stop it, man. No one ever reads a book on an outdoor trip. That too a business-related one.

Arnav: Oh really? You see her. (He then points towards Madhu who was now flipping through the pages of her book).

Rishab: Yes but only a few weirdos like you.

Arnav: So? What do you want me to do? Dance?

Rishab : Not a bad idea, chikni chameli or halkat jawaani?

Before Arnav could say anything Khushi loudly sang -"jalebi bai" and did a weird dance step. Both Arnav and Rishab burst into laughter. Madhu noticed this and shook Khushi to bring her out of her Indian idol mode.

Khushi: What happened Madhu? I missed the last stanza.

Madhu: Stop singing so loudly. Do you have any idea how funny you are looking!!! Look at them, they are laughing at you.

Khushi turned to her left and saw Rishab and Arnav laughing. They were holding their stomach and had tears in their eyes from laughing too hard.

Khushi : (shows a fake smile) Very funny, right Arnav?

Arnav : (Still laughing) Too funny.

Khushi: At least my singing is of some use. Look how talented I am, that I can even make a person like you laugh.

Arnav: Excuse me. What do you mean by a person like me?

Khushi: Ask your friend.

Arnav : (To Rishab) A person like me?Rishab: Oh uhh. N-n-no...nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Arnav: Rishab tell me what exactly she meant by a 'person like me'.

Rishab: Okay. She..er...er...she meant a rude, arrogant, boring old freaky unhappy man.

Khushi : (cheerfully) You know me so well !!

And they both high-five. Arnav grumbled and felt a little bit jealous to see Rishab and Khushi laughing together. Just then the bus came to stop.

Zuma: Hey friends we will have a break for an hour here. So you all can freshen up.

Soon they all were out of the bus. A distressed Trishna got off the bus and followed Madhu.

Trishna: Madhu are you okay?

Madhu was surprised as Trishna never acknowledged her as her sister in front of anyone.

Madhu: Yes. What happened?

Trishna: Nothing...I just asked because I heard Chachi is in Lucknow.

Madhu: Yes but we all are perfectly fine. Thanks for asking.

Trishna didn't reply and went away from there. Something was wrong but soon Madhu got so much busy with Khushi and other friends that she didn't have time to think about it again. They all had a nice lunch at the roadside Dhaba.

Rishab and Arnav along with other boys were playing cricket. After the match, Rishab went to a roadside stall to buy a water bottle and saw Madhu playing with little kids from the village. Some little girls were adorning her hair with flowers and she was laughing like an angel. She knew how to be happy and how to keep others happy.

Khushi was having a blast because people here were just as mad as her. She was busy tasting all most all of their delicacies. Arnav was smiling at her stupid activities.

Only one person not liking it here was Dipali. She was completely pissed off by this village drama. Even the little children from nearby figured out how unfriendly she was. So one of them pushed her into a puddle of muddy water.

Dipali: Oh freak!! I am gonna sue all of you dirty little rags!!

But they all had already vanished. So she had no option but to change her dress. Soon they were back on their journey. Soon they all reached their hotel which was an old mansion that was supposedly haunted. And its eerie appearance even made it look even scarier.

Zuma: Hey friends please make yourself comfortable here. Boy, two of you will share one room and your room number will be given to you. And your luggage is already in your rooms. So good night and we will start our expedition tomorrow.

When asked about haunted stories regarding the mansion. Zuma replied.

Zuma: Yes there are stories that this place is a little haunted and spooky but we never received any complaint, that's because the people were not in a condition to tell anything. (Laughs) Kidding, don't worry but wouldn't it be interesting if you encountered the witch of winter?

Everyone: Witch of the winter?

Zuma: Ahh yes!! She is said to roam here every winter and as winter is approaching, she might be back. But it is said that she is jealous of good-looking girls.

Dipali: Oh God!! She must be after me!!

Rishab looks at Madhu who was already looking half dead. So, she was afraid of dark and dark stories. Madhu and Khushi were obviously together in a room and their room was upstairs while Rishab and Arnav's room was downstairs.

At night

Madhu: Khushi. Can I sleep with you?

Khushi: Of course but are you afraid?

Madhu: E-er...a little bit.

Khushi: But why? She only comes after beautiful girls and do you think yourself to be beautiful?

Madhu: No!! But I am afraid of the dark and this place is very odd looking. I want to get out of here as soon as possible.

Khushi laughs while Madhu looks at her with a cute angry face.