How to talk to my wife

Excuse the mistake

***********************************

Reception went in a blur. They both looked stunning, everyone congratulated them. It was feast for the eyes of others. But only bride and groom know the torture of standing and posing for the photos in the reception. With all the heavy saari/suit, and heavy makeup, it will be very exhausting. Neither of them had any conversation regarding themselves. They both opened their mouths only to yawn.

With all the emotional dramas of Anu and her family, they finally left for Rohith's place.

It was not too far from her house. She could visit her home anytime. It was as simple as staying in hostel. But, she was going to stay in another place which she had to call hers from now on. That made a lots of difference.

Rohith couldn't see her cry. He didn't know how to console her. It was all new for him. He was afraid if she would get hurt if he speaks something from his stupid mouth.

He tried to talk to her. But couldn't find his voice. Anu was gazing out of the window of Rohith's car which was decorated for the welcoming of the bride. She felt empty. She was so lost in her mourning that she didn't notice her husband calling her name.

Maybe, she doesn't want to talk right now...

With this thought, Rohith continued the screeching silence.

******
It took only 20 minutes to reach Rohith's home. Anu's new home.

She was so tired from all the crying, she was sleepy by the end of 20 minutes. The car slowed down to 20 km/min, and she knew that they had almost reached. Heaving a loud sign she started to notice her new neighborhood. It looked like a posh and calm area. All the houses were very big and without an exception, all the houses had gardens, at least half a dozen of plant pots hanging in the balcony.

Leave the rest, she liked it here, if only she hadn't had a past with Kiran, if only she hadn't had this stinging pain in her chest, if only she can accept Rohith with her whole heart, if only..... if only.... if only....

And again, she was back in the square one, regretting the deeds she did in the past. Before she could fall into deeper height of her miseries, the car halted and she heard happy giggles. Though she was looking exactly outside the window, she couldn't make out what she's looking at. She had to blink for one whole minute to come to present, to look at the elegant home in front of her. She couldn't believe it would be her new home.

She soon climbed out of the car, not looking at Rohith even for once, taking in the wonderful view in front of her. She couldn't bring herself to look into his eyes, she was guilty and scared, she felt like she's betraying him by marrying him while she's still in love with another man. She could feel it, it was written all over his face, how he had millions of dreams in his face, he was literally radiating happiness and had that proud look on his face that screamed "this beautiful angel is my wife."

But her silent behavior made him to think some hurting possibility in his mind. Rohith was trying hard not to let his mind think that she's doing it really. He kept assuring himself that she is shy and thats all. His mind kept going to the conclusion that she is avoiding him.
Sometimes, our heats wouldn't accept what our brain already knows.

Shut up, you silly little brain of mine!

Snapping at his own mind, he soon joined the chaos taking place infront of him, his cousin came giving him a tug on the shoulder and side hugging him with a contagious smile. Soon his mood lifted and he started taking in the bliss of the celebration.

With a lots of traditional practices, she was made to enter the house, taking her in as the one who belongs to that home. Anu was asked to prepare a sweet dish. She prepared kheer and served it to everyone. Unlike the other brides she didn't felt the anxiety, the pain had numbed everything else in her heart. She neither felt anxious, nor did she felt excited about this. Everyone liked it and praised her.
All along, Rohith had that proud look in his eyes. Pushing her deeper into guilt.
************