The Therapeutic Effects of Tea - Part 14

by  sloanranger                         

Part 14

He hoped the light would go out soon, Ernie was feeling queasy. No doubt it were from the fish and chips earlier at the pub, he thought. He was really starting to feel badly.

He had the keys to the motorcar. Maybe he would wait in the Daimler; it was warmer in there and he was beginning to shiver. His stomach was nauseous and hurting too. He wished he could be sick, that might help - or maybe - maybe a nice cup of tea.

Ernie silently entered the kitchen and lighted the gas beneath the kettle.

He hoped they wouldn't hear him. He didn't want to hurt the old girls and wouldn't, unless they got in the way. But he couldn't think of that now. Right now he just wanted to take his cuppa outside. He'd wait for their light to go out so he get his goods, grab the candlesticks and take the Daimler and Aggie off to Liverpool.            

Tea ready, he tiptoed out to the carriage house with his cup and climbed into the cherished car. Pulling the car rug around himself, he settled in to wait for the Misses' bedroom light to go out.

He was still nauseous, but he was warmer now and his heart beat excitedly about his new plans. He resigned himself to waiting.

(To be continued).