VII - Learning Curve

Sorry for the wait! School has been hectic omg but here I am with an update please forgive me !!!

Dedication goes out to @NatalieNakkhongkham3 because she's a cutie and is just too smart for me :-)

Luke:

-

So that was the infamous party scene I hear young humans raving about all the time.

In all honesty, I do not see the appeal.

Sweaty strangers bumping into one another, seemingly overpriced alcoholic beverages, overstimulating light effects, blaring music that makes communication incredibly difficult... I would rather stay home on my couch and watch that Keeping Up With the Kardashian show that is so popular for reasons I know not.

However, last night was not about me and my desire to have a night in. It was about keeping Margaret - or as she seems to go by Margo - out of harm's way. I am rather proud of myself for my success at doing this, as I had to make the commute from one side of Seattle to the other in twenty minutes - the exact amount of time I am able to see into the future when danger is looming.

I was in the middle of watching a documentary on dogs, too. I never did learn exactly how humans and dogs formed the unique relationship you see nowadays in society.

But that is irrelevant.

I barely made it in time to keep her from drinking the beverage that had been so slyly contaminated with some sort of adulterant; and that was even after using my angelic speed that was not revoked during the transformation. Heaven knows that I am going to need to keep a closer eye on Margo than I initially anticipated if this kind of behavior is to become a habit of hers.

I shudder to think what kind of danger she could have encountered had I not been around.

I am interrupted from my thoughts by the silver spoon slipping out from my loose grasp and clinking heavily in my now empty bowl that once was full of maple and brown sugar oatmeal. Looking around the kitchen, I cannot help but feel a bit out-of-place in the still unfamiliar living quarters I call home.

I slide off of the tall chair by the island, trotting over to the sink where I place the dirty dishes to soak in water. As I check the time, I take note that it is ten-thirty in the morning, causing me to let out a sigh.

What do I do today?

It is only Saturday, and I do not have plans to spend time with Ashton until Tuesday.
I cannot go out and find Margaret - Margo - despite how easy it would be to do that, mostly because I saw her only last night and I do not want to come off as some type of stalker.
And, I do not know my way around the city at all.

I suppose I could do some exploring. After all, you never learn something new without making an effort to obtain that knowledge, and I could definitely use some common sense of direction in this city.

I grab a dark gray parka from the oversized closet attached to my room, along with a pair of obsidian toned canvas shoes that I slip on in no time. After grabbing my wallet and new phone, I take one last overlook of the apartment, trying to remember if I have anything else I would possibly need.

Then I remember something.

I have a car.

-

"And here you are, Mister Hemmings." The valet beams at me, holding the door to the black vehicle open as I hand him a wad of money to tip the kind man.