“I, erm... I forgot to wake up.”

  It happens sometimes, right? I mean who is able to wake up every single day at the right time. No one!

  “Alright then, I’ll pretend to believe you,” he mumbled.

  “I’m not lying!” I grunted even though I knew that was pointless.

  “You need to go and see the Student Mentor after lunch. I was going to tell you in form but you were a no show,” he grunted.

  “Look, I don’t need to see the student mentor, I'm fine.”

  “Zack, you’re not eating and yesterday... what happened to you? You definitely weren’t fine then. You need to talk to someone.”

  “No I don’t!” I said, almost in tears.

  I don’t want to talk to anyone. I can’t!

  “Please, don’t make me do it,” I begged. “I don’t need to talk to anyone. Everything’s fine.”

  “I'm sorry Zack, but you do need to have a word with him. We’re all getting worried about you.”

  “It’s none of your business and no one cares so what’s the point?”

  “Your mum and dad seemed really concerned when I spoke to them last night. You’re friends were panicking when you weren’t in form and I’m constantly worrying about you. When I found you yesterday, I didn’t know what to do. You were crying your eyes out Zack; you need to talk to someone for your own sake and for all of the people who care about you.”

  “I can’t,” I whispered, trying really hard not to cry again.

  “You don’t have an option. If you don’t turn up you’ll be in a hell of a lot of trouble with me and I might have to have some serious talks with your parents about your mental and physical state at the moment.”

  “Fine, I’ll do it then,” I grunted. “But if you think I’m telling him anything, you’re bloody wrong.”

  “Promise me you’ll try.”

  “No,” I hissed and stormed back into the room.

  No one really seemed surprised by my entrance and for once no one made some stupid comment about me. They knew I was ready to crack. They all knew if they messed with me now I’d hurt them. Really hurt them!

  “What’s happened?” Beth whispered as I sat down.

  She wrapped her arm around me for support, making some people smirk a little, but I don’t care about them now. Why should I? I'm better than them. I know I am!

  I shook my head at Beth, knowing that if I was to open my mouth I’d end up screaming. My hands were shaking like mad and I was really fighting back tears. No one can make me talk to some brain-dead freak that obsessed over other people’s problems. They’re nosey and... I let out a groan and ran my hand through my hair a few times, trying to calm myself down. What’s the point?

  “Are you alright?” one of the girls on the table next to me asked.

  I smiled slightly as Beth glared at them to make them back off. God I love her when she’s like this.

  “Don’t listen to their crap,” she grunted at me.

  “Excuse me,” said the girl on the next desk. I looked over and realised it was Miranda; one of the biggest sluts in the entire school. “I wasn’t giving crap I was asking if he was alright.”