f o u r t e e n

I stared at Jongdae.

He stared at me back, his eyes were looking at me thoroughly as if he was a hawk from under that thick rimmed glasses. He looked pale, probably because he had to wake up early this morning.

Also, it seemed like he was my only friend in this class, noticing how the chapters were starting with his presence. Did I break the fourth wall over there?

"You seriously need to fix that dark circles of yours. It's creeping me out. Didn't you sleep?" He sneakily commented with a poker face before turning his focus back to the History book in front of us. He was tutoring me out of generosity in the early morningㅡhow nice of him. You think soㅡUrgh, no. We were forced to sit down and have one-to-one class since I skipped out my supplementary lesson yesterday. Dang, the teacher lashed out at me real bad; I really thought I was a goner if I didn't pull out my cue weak pathetic card. Well, of course the solution for everything would be getting a tutor class from the number one in the ranking, wasn't it?

So here we were, in the classroom really early in the morning. Though Jongdae wasn't really pleased with the sudden forced volunteering task, but when the word valedictorian caught his ears, he immediately obeyed without much surprise. As expected, I could actually get a hold of him on my palm by threatening his way to get the greedy position.

"Does this face" My index finger circled my face with an irritated expression after pulling the curtain away to shine as an answer to his silly question, "looks like I sleep? No, Jongdae. No."

He rolled his eyes to match with my irritation, "Whatever, let's just get this finished. I have to meet my girlfriend after this since Valen"

I stiffened at the word. Snapping my head up to glare at him, I could sense the pen that I was clenching almost broke into half. There was a sound of it cracking in dead silence. You say the word and I swore I would stab you in the chest. Jongdae gulped down with the sudden menacing threat and pushed up his glasses, "Erm, did I say anything? I don't think so."

With a satisfying nod and a fake smile, I accepted his denial with pleasure with a wrenching heart. A deep breath was inhaled to calm my ass down.

The sound of the classroom door being opened was heard and from the corner of my eyes, I could already noticed Irene walking in. As early as usual, she was never late for the class. "Good morning!" She happily exclaimed, somehow feeling excited for some reason as soon she sat on her seat.

"H-hey. Good morning." I was like a broken robot, putting up a very gracious smile. Jongdae kicked my leg secretly from under the table out of blueㅡmy reaction must had been too awkward to take in.

"What are you two doing so early in the morning?"

Jongdae pushed up his glasses, acting real cool. "Tutoring a slowpoke." It was my turn to kick him right in the shin as a revenge. He winced in pain before subtly adding with a more fake smile that I had, "..a slowpoke that will rise to be a great student of the year later.."

"Aha, very inspiring, Chorong." Irene satisfyingly nodded while raising her eyebrows. She seemed to not notice anything weird. "You two do your work, I left something during my club activity yesterday so I have to find it. See you guys!" She was long gone before any of us could say anything.

"Yeah..sure.." I quietly muttered under my breath, not really enthusiastic; though it could be heard by Jongdae. He lazily raised a brow.

"You two seemed weird for the last few days, don't you think?"