The cold heart

Star arrived off the bus only to find her everyday sights of her old boyfriends envying her new boyfriend that stood waiting for her next to where the bus stopped everyday. She also saw the large amount of girls around her that envyed or bowed down to her title in the school as, "most popular girl." She and her adoring possy walked past the envying people and almost past the outcasts but Star chose to confront them, and something different had happened. "Get out of my way with you and your pile of filth", she spoke to one of the outcasts then pointing to her group; "You all have no place in this school, so its best if you just moved."

"Well, you were the one choosing where you walked i think its up to you to move around us like everyone else", said Bailey, one of the girls in the group she had called outcasts.

Taken aback Star replied, "You and your little group moved right in my way as i was walking, i saw it with my own two eyes!"

"Um, we didn't move at all", said Emily another girl from the group.

"Sure; you all are just a bunch of liars!", Star raised her voice.

"I think you might want to calm down, something bad might happen to your pretty little voice if ya keep that up", Sarah one of the background people from the group had stepped up.

"You little..."

"Sarah, you obviously have it wrong. Something might happen TO her if she keeps her voice up, karma will have a fun time messing up her day", alexandra one of the more quiet people from the group of outcasts had spoken up.

"You pig! I am an angel; karma would never curse me!", steam flowed from Star's ears with anger in her voice.

"Pig? says the one with pig stickers on her handbag", Scarlet the leader of the group had spoken and broken her chain of silence.

"Grrrrr....ahhh!", Star stomped away in anger that she hadn't won the argument.

"Star!", her friend ran to catch up with her.

Star found the closest table and demanded the people at that table to move by the brute force of her followers abiding by her command. Star then sat down and sighed with her head in her hands and elbows on the table to keep her head up.

"Can you believe this Marissa?", Star grumbled with her head still in her hands.

"They really got you today..." replied Marrisa in a low monotone voice.

"You're not helping!", Star raised her voice and her head out of her hands then whipped herself around to face Marrisa.

"Calm down!", Marrisa grew wide eyed at Star's sudden aggression.

Star huffed then got up and walked off campus. Tears gathered in her eyes and streamed down her face as she walked; not looking where she was going she tripped on a crack in the sidewalk and landed face first on the concrete. Star pried her upper half up off of the concrete using her hands and arms, her legs and feet soon followed picking herself back up and she dusted herself off.

"You alright?", a dusty looking man had asked Star.

"Get away from me, you hobo!", yelled Star with tears still in her eyes.

"Fine then i won't bother you but, could you spare a dollar to help me buy food? I'm really starving".

"Go earn your own money, i need my money to buy my future sports car!" Star said while clutching her purse to her side tightly.

"Alright, I'm sorry for bothering you then", the dusty looking man wandered into an alley where he had a box that acted like a home to him.

Star walked until she got home and her mom was in the doorway waiting for her with crossed arms.

"Why were you late for school? And why are you here?", her mom asked.

Star pushed past her mom and went upstairs falling face first onto her bed. Her shoes slid off her feet and she let go of her handbag which landed lightly onto the beige carpet. Star lifted only her head and rolled onto her side closing her eyes and falling asleep.