First day

I'm standing in a forest with strange looking trees and a purple to almost a pink sky, like the sun is just setting; fading into what will be a glorious and beautiful night.

The forest looks magnificent. Surrounding trees tower over me, covering most of the sky so it's almost impossible to see anything.

Rays of light seep through the gaps from branches, gaps that the trees managed to miss while they grew to be as giant as they are. on the floor, colorful wet leaves and pine-straw stacked in piles surround me. Barely any sign of Grass grows through.

Because of the trees amazing height, they cast dark shadows, which spread themselves out where they can. Coming toward me like they're reaching for something long gone already.

The air is warm, but a nice breeze makes it enjoyable. One or two birds talk back and forth quietly while crickets softly sing and frogs croak, but it's unlike the woods my aunt lives in. These woods are much more.. Settling.

I try to capture as much of the beauty as I can before I'm disturbed by whispers. They slowly get louder, filling my brain with sorrow and despair quicker then you could imagine.

I try to move, or step back or ask if anyone is there, but my legs and voice refuse to work. I notice something creeping up my leg- a black shadow keeping me where I stand. It's skin-like body slithers up me like a snake, poised and ready to attack. The green and orange leaves begin blackening, and burning at my feet.

Suddenly, a face appears from behind a tree, or rather: a monster. It's almost terrifying, yet also saddening.

The monster has a normal human figure but no features, just darkness. Like a shadow moving on its own. I count ten fingers, ten toes, four limbs, a nose. Everything is in place, except a few minor details.

Something black drips off its body intermittently, it looks like a liquid, but it's hard to make out. It's mouth opens and closes like a fish, as if it's trying to loosen its jaw. Every time it opens, a black goo- like the one on its body, drips down from the roof of its mouth.

The only thing that isn't complete darkness is its eyes, which glow a white color. It has no pupils, but it's emotions still show like waves of depression and confusion through its eyes as they watch me.

I want to scream, I want to get help, but I can't do anything. I'm stuck facing a creature off in the distance. This terrifying creature that stares at me questionably like I'm its prey.

I can feel the creature watching me and thinking, like its trying to figure out what it should do. The more I move, the more stuck I feel.

Just as I realize the helplessness I am in in this situation, it steps out from behind the tree, appearing much taller. It's body shape is normal, but a mist surrounds it, making it hard to see anything specific. next to me, the thing is a giant.

It tilts its head, then steps closer, leaning down so our faces are inches away. It touches my hair gently, admiring the streak of purple. It's eyes move from my hair to my eyes, which they stare into, making me more sleepy, like its telling me a silent lullaby.

Something changes, and my thoughts switch, like they aren't my own anymore. The last thing I have control of, and I can feel it being ripped away from me suddenly, yet very slowly.

This isn't so bad, I think in a hushed voice that doesn't sound completely like my own. Maybe it's friendly?

I'm so tired I don't even notice how far up the shadows on my legs have gotten. they now consume my body just up to my waist, and it continues to move, but I'm to tired to stop it, and... Sad? No, not sadness, I feel mad. Like I've gone crazy in some sorts. I don't know why, but something weighs me down, It feels as if I no longer have the will to live.