Chapter 6: Partners of ex-humanity

The setting was dark and mysterious. There wasn't much light that illuminated the dull streets. But the young children in the streets were still visible to see.

Yes, young children. They all wore the same style of clothing, and wore the same look of fear and sorrow. This is what (y/n) notices every time she walks through the streets of the Vampire City. They were protecting the children from the outside world. However, the kids never showed any signs of appreciation for what the vampires were doing.

'Are we really helping them?' (Y/n) asks herself as she walks by the area where they take the children's blood. 'They look so miserable.' She says, looking that the unsatisfied look on the kid's faces.

"What's the matter?" A sly voice asks. (Y/n) turns to her right and sees Lord Ferid who was smiling at the scene of the blood bank. "Such a lovely view, isn't it?" He said, laying his elbow on (y/n)'s shoulder.

She moves to the side, letting the noble's arm slide off. She gives him a cold look. "What's so lovely about it?"

Ferid turns his head to the left to look at her, and smiles. "You remind me of someone. A fellow ex-human such as yourself who carries the same attitude."

Another ex-human? This caught (Y/n)'s attention. She didn't know that there was someone else like that who was in the vampire city. Has she met them before? The concern she had for this person showed on her face. A look of interest, and Ferid notices.

"Yes, another ex-human. You two will be working together tonight by doing a perimeter search in the city for any rebellions. And you'll also be partners from now on." He told her before walking away. But (y/n) follows him and asks for more information on the person. "Tonight you'll meet him. He will be waiting for your presence in Queen Krul Tepe's chamber where, the Queen herself, will be giving you further information on your task." He said, walking away once more with that signature smug smile of his.

'So it's a him...' (Y/n) says to herself. She wonders if her new partner and herself are going to get along. Will they become good friends? Or will they grow into hating each other? More questions like these enters her mind as she head towards the castle.

------------------------------

(Y/n) stood outside the door that led to the throne room of Queen Krul Tepes.

The only thing what was in her mind was who this fellow ex-human was. Have they ever greeted each other? She was curious to find out what kind of person he was.

(Y/n) takes a deep breath in. She pushes one of the two large doors and the first thing she saw was blonde hair. Blonde, wavy hair that was attached to the head of a tall boy. She couldn't see his face since his back was facing her direction, but she's never met any vampire who has blonde hair like that.

The mysterious boy turns around and the first thing she noticed most was his crystal blue eyes. He really was ex-human. Vampires who are pure have eyes with the colour of deep red blood.

(Y/n) took a good look at his expressionless face. For sure, she has never crossed paths with him.

"Ah, (y/n)! You're right on time." The Queen pops up from behind with a smile on her face. She walks up to the ex-human and does a quick introduction. "This is Mikaela. He's my pet." She said while brushing her fingers through the boy's blonde hair.

Mikaela's facial expression didn't change when Krul said it out loud so casually.

"I thought it would be interesting if you two became partners from now on. You both went through a tragedy with your family, and you both were turned into vampires." Krul continues.