Chapter 5: His reflection

"What do you mean she didn't?!" Kimizuki yelled, almost bursting the ear drums of the other two boys. "That's the only reason why you came back, wasn't it?!"

Yoichi steps in and engages in the conversation. "You can't trust vampires, Yu."

Kimizuki just wailed around the hall, waving his arms in the air with frustration, commenting on Yu's naiveness for trusting the vampire in the first place.

But it wasn't his fault. He didn't know what the night had in store for them. He didn't know that some negotiation would turn into something way beyond unexpected. He also didn't know why (y/n) would jump on him and point her weapon directly at without showing any signs of mercy. But Yu remembered the sly smile she flashed before disappearing out the window. She acted out a scene so the unexpected guests wouldn't get suspicious of the previous activity.

'Smart girl...' Yu said in his head. But the complement didn't mean that he appreciated what she did: Breaking the promise. She promised the weakness of the fanged race. In exchange, a drink of his blood.

He didn't know whether or not he could trust (y/n) after that. But his mind replayed a slideshow of them exchanging each other's feelings. Yu's heart started to beat a little faster. 'Can I trust her?' He asks himself. She left because they two other boys interrupted them. If they didn't, would (y/n) have told him? Would she have given him the answer he was looking for? He needed to answer those questions. His eagerness to find her rose.

Yu shook out of his deep thoughts and immediately went back to reality as he felt a sharp pain on his left cheek. His head was forcefully turned to the right by a strong force. The pain started to heat up. He looks directly in front of him and sees Kimizuki standing in front of him with an angry face. He slapped Yu.

"Kimizuki! That's enough!" Yelled Yoichi. Seeing the two having another conflict was something the brunette didn't want to see. "I know Yu messed up but that was no reason to do that. He learned from his mistake. We should go back."

Yu's attention went directly from four eyes to Yoichi. "When we go back, you can't tell anyone about what happened. Shinoa, Mitsuba, and especially Guren. You can't say anything."

Kimizuki jumps between Yu and Yoichi and engages in the conversation. "What if we tell them. What are you going to do?"

"I'm not going to do anything." Yu says to him with confidence. "Absolutely nothing... Except watch you get in trouble since you're the one who didn't stop me in the first place. You knew exactly what I was planning to do and you didn't say anything. Don't you think you'll get in trouble for that? Because I think you will."

Tension arose between the two, making Yoichi in the uncomfortable position as the innocent bystander.  He watches the fight, observing the conflicting spark that clashed between the two. "We should really get going." He said calmly said with a hint of nervousness, trying to break the thick ice.

Yu stepped back and continued walking down the corridor of the abandoned building to the exit which was a few floors beneath them.

Yoichi followed Yu silently, so did Kimizuki who has an annoyed and angry expression.

-------------------------------

The group made it outside the building. The whole trip through the building was filled with nothing but awkwardness. No one spoke to each other except for Yoichi who tried to break the awkwardness by asking questions about how they're doing and if anything was new. Yu and Kimizuki didn't answer. They were too distracted by each other's annoyance.

Just parked outside the building was a deep olive-green Jeep. Kimizuki sat in the driver's seat and Yoichi climbed into the back of the vehicle. Yu, who was standing outside the Jeep, took one more glance at the structure they just exited before awkwardly climbing into the passenger seat.