Episode 54 - Part 3

Mulai dari awal

"You'll not fool me again this time, you pesky children!" - Qwan's voice came from the hologram.

Khoj just blinked.

"What are you talking about?" - he asked.

"Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. Last time I received a holocall from you, I was greeted in the reunion room by millions of cacti ants! I'm not falling for it again." - the other Chief crossed his arms.

"Ah, figures. I think my kids must have played a few pranks on you." - he said - "But this time is for real. The kids aren't even here, they're hunting with their instructor."

"And how can I know it's really you and not them?" - he eyed him suspiciously.

"Well, I have a guest here with a letter from King Eridius of Warmya." - Khoj told him as Henny stepped into the hologram's view and showed the letter.

"Hm... It's indeed the real seal of the Warmya Reign in that letter, they'd not be able to fake that." - Qwan's hologram said while putting a hand on his chin - "Very well. I'll spread the message about this reunion to my neighbor villages."

"Good. The meeting will take place in my conference room within one hour. Khoj out." - he said as he turned the hologram off - "4 villages down, 87 to go."

At that Henny's eyes shot wide open. So the Morast Reign had divided itself into 92 independent villages? She frowned a bit. That was going to be a long session of holocalls...

~~~

Piper had come from the temple and sat on a rock in front of a rustic table a bit far from the group, as Aerrow appeared not long after her and sat by a stone table where the others were gathered around.

"So, how did it go? Did you do it?" - Junko asked.

"No, we didn't." - the sky knight said with a slightly harsh tone in his voice.

"Woah, what's up with you two, man? You're snapping at us and Piper didn't even come near us. What happened there?" - Finn inquired.

"Nothing, Finn... Nothing." - the leader looked away a bit angry, he wasn't in the mood to talk, then he suddenly stood up and left.

"Hey, where are you going?" - the wallop asked.

"Eh... I think we should leave him alone for now..." - Stork pointed out.

"Yeah... Whatever happened in there made him mad. He needs to cool off." - the blonde agreed.

Radarr stared at Aerrow walking away and got down from the stone seat to follow him. The sky knight stopped for a moment and looked at Piper that was sitting distant from where he was standing. Her head was down and her face was upset, she had her arms crossed on top of the stone table. He saw her lower her head even more to rest it on her arms. He just sighed and shook his head, then continued walking.

After a while, the leader noticed someone was following him, so he turned around to see Radarr slowly approaching him with a worried look on his face. The small co-pilot whimpered softly, showing his sympathy towards Aerrow.

"Oh, hey, Radarr." - the boy just kneeled to allow his buddy to climb on his shoulder - "Sorry for worrying you. I'm fine, it's nothing serious... I guess..." - he lowered his head while frowning - "Ah, I just found out Piper doesn't trust me the way I thought she did. And I don't know what to do to earn it back."

The little mission specialist rubbed his face against Aerrow's then stared at him with a warm smile, trying to comfort him.

"Thanks, Radarr. Yeah, I can't give up. We'll work it out, we just have to. For the world's sake." - he said while staring at the sky.