Chapter 27

Caden's POV

Skyler is officially ours, and I couldn't be any happier. Legally he is only Sebastian's because we aren't married. They wouldn't let me adopt him too.

I was disappointed, but I understand. If I were to ever marry Sebastian, they said we could come back, and I could adopt him also.

Recently Sebastian and Skyler have been doing things together after Sebastian gets home from work. They've grown a lot closer.

I decided that I wasn't going to try and get a job. If I do get one it'll be one I can work from home. Skyler doesn't like strangers and I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving him with one. We don't need the money anyways.

I'm glad he's opened up to us and not shut us out. I think another reason Sebastian and Skyler get along so well is because Sebastian's past wasn't that great either, so he can relate.

Currently I'm taking a nice long bubble bath. Seems girly, but I just wanted to relax. Skyler always asks so many questions and I'm usually with him all day while Sebastian works. That child can wear you out. He is so active, always wanting to do something or talk about something.

I decided I had been in here long enough when I hear the front door close, meaning they've gotten back from wherever they went.

I got out and wrapped a towel around my waist. Then I headed to the bedroom to put clothes on. Surprisingly Skyler hasn't seen my tattoo yet.

"Mommy!" Skyler yells excitedly as he runs into the bedroom.

"Hey baby, did you have fun?" I asked as I picked him up to hold him.

"Yes! Daddy says we are going somewhere, and for you to get ready."

"Where are we going?"

"To eat!"

I set him back on the floor and he looked at my chest in awe.

"Wow! That looks cool! It looks real."

"So you like it?" I asked with a chuckle.

"I love it. I want one too!"

I laughed and said, "maybe when you're older."

I quickly put on some blue jeans and a long sleeved grey sweater. I grabbed my jacket and lead Skyler to the living room where Sebastian is waiting.

"Hey, we're ready."
I said after I kiss him.

"Let's go then!"

We got in the SUV, and Sebastian drove to the diner he had found a couple of weeks ago. It was nice and homey feeling.

When we had gotten our drinks and food, we started talking.

"I saw mommy's chest. It was so pretty!" Skyler said.

"Thank you baby. It makes me feel good to see it. It takes the hurt away." I say to him.

"You got hurts?"

"Yep. Just like you, but mine used to be scars. Yours is your mind."

"Oh" the atmosphere turned a little somber, and I decided to change the subject.

"How was your day at work?" I asked Sebastian.

"It was fine. I wish I could be home with you and Skyler all the time."

"Nah, you'd get tired of us."

"Never." He says and gives me a passionate kiss.

"Eww! I'm eating." Skyler said and covers his eyes.

We chuckle and talk a little more. I love this. Family. It makes my heart warm and full of joy.

"Let's go to Central Park." Sebastian suggests.

We agree. It might be cold, but we are bundled up and can still enjoy it's beauty.

It doesn't take long to get there, and it's my first time seeing it.

"It's really beautiful here." I say in awe.

"Yes, especially at night." Sebastian says.

He takes us to a pathway that has trees on either side with light poles evenly placed down the path so you can see where you're going.

"Wow this is really beautiful." I say as I get my phone out to take some pictures.

I took some pictures of Skyler looking around in awe, and of Sebastian smiling softly at him.

We walked down the pathway a little just talking.

"I'm really glad you're in my life." Sebastian says.

"You didn't give me much of a choice." I chuckle a little.

"I would have let you go after the month was over if you had wanted to leave. Heck, if you want to leave me now you can. I just needed a chance."

"There's no way I'm leaving you. I love you so much."

"Good." He says before getting down on one knee.

"Oh my God." I whisper. Skyler runs over to Sebastian and hands him a small velvet box.

"Oh my God." I repeat and feel tears welling up.

"Caden, we had a rough start and I know I'm to blame. I want you to know that I love you so much, and I will do anything for you. I also want you to know that I understand now that someone can love me for me, and I don't need to try and force it. I love you so much and I love Skyler too. I want us to be a family on paper as well as in our hearts. I want to make everything official. So Caden, will you do me the extreme honor of marrying me and spending the rest of our life's together?"

He opens the box and pulls out a simple platinum band.

I nod my head vigorously and say yes as I let him slip the ring onto my finger, my tears flowing freely. He stands up and pulls me into a fierce kiss that leaves my toes curling and wishing for some alone time.

"Yay!" Skyler shouts and claps. "I'm going to have a mommy!"

"You already have a mommy." I chuckle.

"Now it'll be on my papers." He says happily.

"Come here." I say and open my arms for him. "So this is what you guys have been doing after Sebastian gets off work."

Skyler giggles and nods. "Yes! We wanted it to be special."

"Anything is special if I have you two with me."

"Well, looks like we have a wedding to plan." Sebastian says with a smile.

"Yes we do, and I want it as soon as possible."