11

I was so scared to see him again. After what happened I began to feel more and more embarrassed about it. It was his fault though.

"I just want to kiss you."

No.

He shouldn't have put me in that situation. He deserved what I did to him. Lucky is supposed to drive me to school today but at this point I would do anything to avoid being trapped in that awkward situation.

"Goodbye." I say to Grayson and Ray as they finish up their breakfast. Maybe if I left earlier I could avoid any sort of confrontation from Lucky.

Don't look. Don't look.

I thought to myself as I started to walk in front of the Smith's house.

"Jacks!"

Frick.

"Uh-uh...yeah." My eyes scanning the ground.

"Perfect timing, I was just leaving." Lucky's foot steps become louder on the concrete and soon enough he is right near his car.

Standing frozen for a moment I weigh my few options available.

"We don't have all morning..." Lucky opens his door and gets in, shortly after I do the same.

"Are you not going to sit up front?" He turns his head and looks at me situated in the back seat.

"Yeee-no..." I look out the window of the motionless vehicle hoping he doesn't see through this state I am in. I don't want to sit up there right next to him. It is too close for my comfort.

"Jacks." He laughs out. "You can sit in the passenger seat."

"I know."

"Sit up front."

"No thanks."

"Jack, your not 4 years old. Your making me feel weird when you sit back there."

He doesn't know that if I sat up there it would be just as weird for me.

I clear my throat and reluctantly step out of the car and move to the passenger seat buckling up once again.

I feel very stiff next to him and he starts the car finally driving towards the school. My knees are pointed towards the door and I am facing my window, keeping the distance between us at a high number.

"What is up with you this morning?" Lucky asks.

Does he not remember anything from last night? My sister having a break down, him trying to kiss me, me kneeing his privates?

I obviously don't reply but I hear him shift in his seat. The school parking lot is starting to fill up with other student's cars and Lucky pulls into a spot rather far from the building.

When I go to let myself out Lucky quickly hits the lock button again. I hit the unlock knob and pull the handle again but Lucky is quick to lock the doors again.

"Let me out!" I say annoyed.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong."

I pause for a moment and for the first time this morning looking him in the face. Flash backs of him leaning close to my lips cloud my thoughts.

"Jacks."

"Yes."

Both of us look at each other but don't say anything.

"I'm s-" We start talking at the same time making Lucky smile a little.

"You first." He says.

"I'm sorry.....for hurting you."