7

Super Unedited:  

Warning: In these next few chapters there is use of drugs so if you are uncomfortable with topics such as that please do not read this chapter :)

Dinner went by as expected, quiet and awkward. The two mothers were really the only ones talking and occasionally asking each of us question that we would answer in short sentences. Some times I would catch my mothers glare boring into my head but I felt Lucky's eyes on me the whole time. I would glance up and our eyes would lock for a moment before we both turned away to look down at our plates.

I looked around the table and examined everyone's empty plates including mine, this seems like an acceptable time to excuse myself.

I push back my chair a little to get their attention. "I going to finished my homework..."

I know my mother wouldn't yell at me in front of our guests but her angry expression still was evident. Taking my plate and silverware and placing them in the sink I slipped through the barley lit hallway and up the stairs. The voices from down stairs faded away when I closed my door shut.

Truth is I was all done my homework really, so I decided that I could put away all my text books and binder. It has felt like we are months into the school year but it has only been a few weeks. Track try outs were coming up soon for me.

I flinch at the sound of my door opening. I feel my face heat up in a mixture of embarrassment and fright when Lucky naturally walks into my room.

His eyes scan around the room while he nods his, sort of like I did when I first went into his room.

"So this is the cave that you hide in when you're not at school." He says sitting on my made bed.

"Uhhh....yeah sure..." I say standing with a slouch in front of my desk.

There is a pause and his face looks like it is frozen as he stares at me.

"Stop staring at me all the time." Even though it felt rude coming out of my mouth Lucky smiles, confusing me further.

"You realize I'm not the only one who stares at you all the time."

I don't respond, per usual.

"It's funny how you only notice when I look at you." He continues.

It's true I have only been aware of his stare, I would know if other people stared at me because it's something that makes me the most uncomfortable, when I know that someone is focused on me, when I have their attention.

"You should take in your surroundings more Jacks, you have girls staring at you, guys that stare at you, parents, children-"

"Stop." I cut him off. Why is saying all this?

"I think it's because you're so unique." His voice sounds different then when it has all the other times I have heard him talk. It sounds more mysterious and foreign.

He doesn't know this but every sentence he says only adds to my anxiety and makes me more paranoid. I have trouble hiding my worried expression on my face.

Lucky stands up and walks over to me with his eyes furrowed, I can tell he is about to ask me a question. "Why are you so oblivious to everything? You act like you have no friends and like no one likes you, but literally everyone seems to want to be your friend."

"What the actual frick are you talking about?" I can't even take what he is saying seriously right now and a laugh escape my lips by the end of my sentence.