Part 8

A/N : Hey, I'm not feeling great today, so please excuse me if it doesn't make sense, because I only read it once and honestly didn't even paid attention to it, but it's been nearly a month since I updated and now I have time so.. yeah

Also I kind of  skipped time, which means this is happening about a month after the last chapter

***

The blinking of the cursor and the brightness of the screen was making Kyle slightly nauseous, but he couldn't bring himself to type the words in. Did he really want to know? There was still a possibility it might not find anything, but what if? With shaky finger, he gently pressed the "d" key, Google instantly listing suggestions.
Okay, so he wasn't in the list, which was something Kyle kind of expected, though it made the task a lot harder, since he was now forced to write the whole name.

"You've been staring at the d for five minutes now, Kyle. If you want to see some dick, I will gladly take my pants off." Will appeared right behind him, peeking over his shoulder.

"Fuck off" Kyle instantly rolled his eyes, moving his index finger slowly above the "a" key. He pressed down as gently as the first time, and now it was Will's turn to roll his eyes.

"How old are you? 80? You're doing like you never operated a computer before." Kyle remained silent for a moment, deciding whether was Will worth telling or not.

"Hypothetically speaking" he started, turning the chair so he was facing his friend. "If you never saw a person you like, which was something you both agreed on, would you want to ruin the sweetness of not knowing and break the promise, even if you still couldn't meet?"

Will gave him an odd look at first, but then Kyle could almost hear the bing Will's brain made and a huge grin appeared on the older man's face.
"Don't tell me you still text the anonymous guy" he more stated than asked and Kyle wanted to punch himself.

He clearly made a face, because Will burst out laughing "Yes you do! And you like him, I heard you! I heard you say that, you freaking like him!"

"Yeah I do, okay?" Kyle huffed and turned back to the screen "And you're not helping"

***

"Okay, okay. What's his name?" Will got hold of the keyboard after a rather painful smack he received for continuing laughing.

"Dan Smith. He's a singer, which will probably help" he said hesitantly, because it was the first time he said the name aloud, and more importantly the first time he admitted his crush to anyone but himself. What surprised him was how the name sounded right coming from his mouth and how nice it was to hear it. He suddenly felt a lot more confident and ready, because hey, if Dan had such a nice name, there is no way he would be anything but stunning.

Of course he had an idea about how he looked; dark hair and blue eyes, warm smile that could light the whole room, vaguely similar to the man he once met at work. He often wondered what would have happened if he asked for a number back then. Would he now be in a loving relationship? Would he still text Dan? Of course, he answered himself instantly. Dan was hard to shake off.

As the click of enter made the website change, Kyle's confidence dropped back to zero. He took the mouse from Will and began scrolling furiously, trying to take in the amount of different faces. Half of the people were at least twice his age or much younger, or weren't even males.

"How will you know which one is the right?" Will asked cheerlessly. He obviously expected it to be a lot easier.

"Uh..I don't know" Kyle admitted, already opening website after website, scanning the texts and looking for any hint. It was going to be a long night.

***

"This is him" Kyle finally announced after what felt like eternity of reading about different Dan Smith's and Will let out a sound of relief because seriously, he was starting to loathe the name.

The picture wasn't anything extra, just someone bending forward so only his ass was visible next to a long-haired man who was staring somewhere in the distance. It was blurry and dim, but the text underneath said it all.

"omg, we went to dan smiths concert yesterday and the only picture i took was of his ass. I regret nothing. also this woody guy is REALLY cute. :3"

"Wow, I mean, he looks pretty. I especially love his eyes" Will joked and Kyle burst out laughing. It was mainly because he was tired as hell, so he closed the website and turned the computer off.

He didn't feel disappointed, quite the opposite, actually. Now he was sure what he wanted, it was the pleasure of being able to form a beautiful, perfect person without any flaws, and he was okay with that.

For now.