Part 5

A/N: Hey, I'm sorry for the delay! The school is slowly coming to an end, so I spent the month trying to pick up my grades, that means I was buried in books most of the time and had no time to write :(

***

The pet shop was too hot to Kyle's liking, the heavy air making it hard to breathe as he was bending down to clean the guinea pigs, who were growling in the box next to him. "Just a little while," he tried to soothe them and made his way to the sink to wash his hands, just when Janna called from somewhere over the register. 

"I'm getting us lunch, do you want anything specific?"

If he was being honest, he wasn't even hungry; quite the opposite. His head was beginning to ache from the boiling air, which successfully made him want to throw up and the thought of food was not helping. But he knew Janna won't have any of it. "Nah, surprise me," he finally said, concentrating more on the nicely cold water running over his skin. Janna hummed in response and left.

After Kyle carefully placed the guinea pigs back into their temporary home, he made himself comfortable on the chair behind the register and placed his head on the counter. He seriously needed a rest.

***

He must have dozed off, because next time he opened his eyes, there were two men arguing right in front of him and he had no memory of hearing anyone walk in.

"Come on, let's just leave. He's obviously...busy" Kyle heard one man say, but he was too scared to open his eyes and let them know he was awake. Sure, he had an embarrassing past in the shop, though nothing compared to falling asleep in the middle of his shift. Janna is going to die laughing.

"No, he's at work. Do you sleep at work?" another man answered him to which the first man snored. "You know the only thing I would be capable of doing is running out and hiding somewhere under the table" he said with a humour in his voice.

Kyle cursed to himself. This was possibly the worst day of his life so far. He slowly raised his head from the counter, doing his best to look a bit decent as he scanned the two customers. The one standing closer was about the same height as him, with short brown hair and a short beard. He was facing the other guy and they were talking, but Kyle felt too sick to pay attention, since it wasn't directed to him. But when he turned his head a little to look at the other guy, everything suddenly felt numb. He forgot how sick he felt, how overheated the room was or how sore his neck was from lying in such uncomfortable position, because God, the man was gorgeous.

From the dark hair that was messily fixed up and made his head look big in sort of way, to the perfectly pink lips which were curled in a faint smile, but Kyle's personal favourite were the huge, sparkling blue eyes hidden behind a pair of glasses, which were now watching him curiously and – fuck

''I, uh, what? Sorry" he stuttered out and stood up so he would be on the same eye level as them. "Are you okay man? You look a bit green," the less attractive guy asked worriedly. The pretty one was still watching him, which Kyle knew because he had also been staring. "Oh my God, I'm seriously going to put a paper bag on your head every time we go out if this keeps happening" the same one said and only then Kyle fixed his eyes elsewhere and tried to hide the blush that was slowly forming on his cheeks.

He tried to act professional from then, trying not to peek at the boy too much or at least look casual about it. He served them, they joked a little about how tired he must felt when he had to handle all the customers – as the shop was still empty – and then they were out, leaving Kyle staring after them.

And that's how Janna found him; standing like an idiot in the middle of the shop.

"Are you okay?" she asked with seriousness in her tone and waved a hand in front of his face.
"I just met an angel" he breathed out and finally took his eyes off the door.

Janna smirked, shoving his arm playfully. "Oh boy, what's his name?" Kyle frowned. Of course he forgot to ask. She must have read his mind because she sighed and tiredly rubbed her face. "Did you at least got his number?"she asked though she already knew the answer.

"Uh...no" Kyle admitted and started backing away. There were two things Janna did when she was cross with him; either shout or hit him, and since there was no shouting allowed as it frightened the animals, he should act wise and protect vulnerable parts of his body.

What happened next was not what he imagined. Janna sighed again, eyeing him with that motherly look she often used and said in a very calm and very tired tone "Stop doing this to you, Kyle."

Although Kyle had no idea what was that about, he let her go and went to sit down. He felt sick again.

--

I'm also sorry I called Ralph (yes, it was supposed to be Ralph and Dan, I'm not really good at describing people:D) ''the less attractive'', but you have to understand just how beautiful Dan looks to Kyle. :D