Goddess Girl- Chapter III

Comenzar desde el principio

I replied, trying to sound like I hadn’t noticed, “Hey. So, where do you wanna go…to, er, study?” My usual smooth tone was off, which was so odd for me. I wanted to smack myself right there, but that would only further my embarrassment.

“Well, at this moment- lad- I would like a nice peaceful break. How about we take a wee trip to the forest?” Her voice sounded expecting, like she thought I’d say no. Her green eyes finally turned towards mine, where I could tell she was trying to keep the sadness at bay.

“Sure. Just lead the way.” I smiled at her, trying to make her feel more comfortable. This must be so awkward, for her. She’s new and suddenly some guy she barely knows is like, stalking her after two days… that sounds pretty bad now that I put it into perspective.

She nodded, and gracefully pulled herself and her large bag off of the bench and started toward the door.

“Hey, wanna go in my car?” I asked, trying to sound mature.

“Yae know, there is justa’ woods right by the school, aye?” she raised a delicate eyebrow at me, amused.

My face grew red as I realized that it was probably only a two minute walk from here to the woods.

“Oh yeah, those woods.” Wow, that was a dumb thing to say. I’m just so… uneasy around her. Not in a bad way, though.

She exited through the door and I followed suit behind her, opening doors throughout the school for her whenever possible. I’m not sure, but I think I saw a slight rosy glow on her cheeks by the time we got outside.

We walked through the scattered trees on the school’s back lawn until we reached the edge of the forest. The whole walk there had been silent, but not a very akward silence. Just… peaceful.

She stood by the edge and the trees seemed to lean in, as Fen began to speak,

“So, Gryffin…why are you really here?” Her voice suddenly sounded strained, which contradicted her usually smooth flowing tone.

“To get help on my sketches, and to maybe make friends with you?” a small smile broke out on my face as I said this.

She did not look convinced.

Her eyes took on that sad look they had earlier, in the courtyard, and I asked,

I tried to make my voice as non-threatening as possible, “Hey, Fen, what’s up?”

Her eyes suddenly grew angry, “What’s up? You know ‘what’s up’! Your silly little friend Jake should have been the tipoff for me, that you were just trying to mess with the new lass! But I went this far anyway…” An angry red was rising to her cheeks, making her look like she was about to pop.

“What are you talking about?” I asked in disbelief and anger. What game was she trying to play? Yeah, I was mad at Jake too, but how would she know about that?

Those large green eyes widened as she said, “Aye! How could you think that I donna know what you said! I’m just a little freak, obviously, to you I’m just someone new to mess with.!” Her hair faded, it suddenly looked sad, with grey and dark blue tints. Those beautiful eyes faded, as well. What is wrong with her?

I took a step back, just on instinct, before I even knew what I was doing. The crushed look on her face made her suspicions confirmed in her head, and I knew it.

“I didn’t say you were a freak! What the hell are you talking about?” My anger boiled. She was just lying to me, to get me to go away or something. For a split second I thought,

What a little freak.

The moment the words came to my mind I instantly regretted them, and her sad eyes began to well up, as if she could sense what I was thinking.