Chapter 41

I turned towards the voice, and saw Chris standing in the door, with a concerned look on his face.

It was like all air disappeared from my lungs, as I just stared at him.

He was even more beautiful than I remembered.
And I had missed him so badly.
And I was carrying his child. At least to the end of the day, where I had an appointment at the doctors.

I wasn't sure what to do or what to say.

"Hi Chris." I said, before I turned away from him. I couldn't look at him, I would just want to run straight into his arms.

"How are you doing?" He asked concerned, walking closer to me.

"I'm fine." I lied, blinking away the tears, still with my back towards him.

"You look tired. Are you sure everything is alright?" He asked again.

"No! Nothing is okay!" I yelled at him, as I turned around and faced him with tears streaming down my face.

Chris had a shocked expression on his face, from my sudden change.

"Nothing is okay." I sobbed, covering my face with my hand.

"Hey, you can talk to me." Chris said softly, as he gently stroke my cheek. His touch sent shivers through my body.

I quickly pulled away from him, and took a step back.

"I'm pregnant and I miss you." I blurt our, frustrated, as I pulled away.

Chris froze.

I finally looked up at his shocked face, when I realized what I just said to him.

Our eyes met, in an intense stare.

Suddenly Chris crashed his lips onto mine, in a passionate kiss, while he cupped my face between his hands.

It was like his kiss and touch, washed away the cloud of sadness and worry, I had, since the day I left him.

I almost gasped in relieve, as he pulled away.

"Is it true? Are you really pregnant?" Chris asked with the happiest smile on his face.

"Yes." I chuckled nervously.

Chris carefully pushed a strand of hair behind my ear, while his eyes searched for mine.

"I missed you." He said, with eyes full of emotions, making me smile weakly at him.

"And Jack misses you. And I need you. I can't live without you." Chris said with shaky voice, making my heart flutter.

Suddenly he got down on one knee, and took a hold of my hand.

"Melissa, I don't want to live another minute without you. These past weeks, have been like hell.
Will you make me the happiest man in the world, and do me the honor of becoming my wife?" Chris asked, with tears in his eyes.

I was touched by his words, and happy tears streamed down my face.

There was no doubt. I felt happy and safe around him, and I couldn't live without him either.
And it was like the last weeks apart, never happened.

"Yes." I chuckled happily, through my tears.

"Really?" Chris asked surprised, with a huge smile spread across his face.

"Yes." I repeated, before I threw my arms around his neck.