Chapter 38

The next I woke up, from the sun shining on my face.

My head was resting on Chris's chest, who were still sleeping quietly.

I was just the luckiest and happiest girl in the world.

"What are you smiling about?" Chris asked hoarsely. His morning voice was so sexy.

"You." I answered, smiling like a fool.

Chris groaned in response before he pulled me even closer to him.

We laid like that for a while, before I lifted myself up to place a soft kiss on his lips.

Suddenly Chris flipped us over, making me laugh in surprise.

He gently pushed a strand of hair behind my ear, while he looked me in the eyes.

The butterflies in my stomach grew, by the way he looked at me.

He kept stroking my hair, as he just looked at me, with a warm smile on his face.

Suddenly he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"I love you." He whispered, as he pulled away, and his eyes found mine again.

I swear my heart could have jumped out of my chest. I was so happy.

"I love you too." I said smiling warmly, before I pulled him down for a kiss.

_

A couple of weeks passed.

We were back in LA., and I was back as an assistant, on the Parks and Recreation set.

I spend almost all my time off, together with Chris and Jack. I practically lived at his house.

It was way better than the hotel, I stayed at before.

Chris was really busy with interviews and the tour, but I think we got through it pretty well.

It was so good to be back on set, and I enjoyed every day.

But not everything was good.

The media had been so bad. Paparazzi followed us everywhere, and a lot of rumours were spread about both of us.

I just got home from a day on the set. Chris would return from Japan today, and stay for 1,5 day.

_
I sighed loudly as I locked myself into the house.
I was tired after a long day, and I had a whole bunch of photographers on my heels, as I walked to the Café near the set, to get myself lunch.

Chris would be back soon, and I couldn't wait to see him.

I plumped myself on the couch, and looked through my phone.

My stomach tightened, as I read the newest gossip.

"Is Chris Pratt cheating on his new girlfriend?" the headline said.

Chris just got cast to "Passengers", where he would play with Jennifer Lawrence, and somehow the tabloids made a story out of that.

I knew he wouldn't cheat, and I trusted him completely, but this was just too much.

I almost threw my phone onto the coffee table, in front of me, before I covered my face in my hands.

I was sad, frustrated and hurt. Tears started welling up in my eyes.

Just in that moment, the front door opened.

"Melissa?" Chris yelled from the hall.

I couldn't answer him, before he walked into the living room, and found me tearing up, with my face buried in my hands.

"Hey, what's going on?" He asked concerned, before he hurried to me.

He immediately placed his arm around my shoulders.

I slowly pushed my phone towards him.

Chris looked questioningly at me, before he picked up my phone and took a look.

"You don't believe this, don't you? I would never do something like that, to you." He said shocked.

"I know." I said with shaky voice.

"I thrust you." I added, looking down at my fumbling hands.

I slowly got up, and turned around to look at him.

"But I can't do this anymore." I said through the tears, streaming down my face.

Shock spread across Chris's face.

I turned away from him, and walked towards the front door.