Chapter 4: A new ally

I sprinted outside. What I saw was new. There was guy wearing a leather jacket, a grey button up shirt and he had wings. Angel ones, to be precise. He was passed out and steaming. I skidded on my knees to his side. "What the heck?" The air around him had a shimmery quality. His hair was a violent red, like fire. I grew suspicious and took out one of my swords. His eyes fluttered open, they were also rusty reddish brown. "Hello, who are you?" "Delsin, and you are?" "Jack. Where am I?" "By my mansion." He sat up straight on the ground and looked at me. "Oh, I was tracking the last known signal of a gate pod. Why am I here then?" "What's a gate pod?" He looked at me in confusion. "How do you not know what a gate pod is? You're a- what are you? You're wings are to big to be demon, but too sleek to be angel." "I'm a hybrid." He just shrugged. "Can't be helped, I guess. I was pro relation, but I guess you still got abandoned. A gate pod is a mode of transportation that can move through space and dimensions. That's how I got here, but mine was damaged beyond repair. It said there was one by this location."

I shrugged. "If there is one, I don't know about it." He looked at me like I was lying. "I suppose that it may be hidden and you don't know about it. Or you could be lying to me. But considering you didn't know what they were, you probably aren't." He took out a weird black and gold box. "Well it is here. Just where?" I had spare time and I was bored. "I'll help you find it, if you like." He smiled. "I'd appreciate the help, thanks." He got up and the device hummed. "What does that thing do?" "It tracks the energy that Gate Pods emit. It says that it's coming from you're house." He started walking there and I trailed him. "Why would it be coming of my house?" "I don't know." He opened the door and walked in. "Well where's it coming from?" "Just below the floor." "That's not possible. I don't have a basement."

He went into the main room, near the stairs. "It's trail leads here." I looked closely at the wall. There was a small dent. "That's new. There's a small dent here. I wonder..." I pressed my thumb against it and a click sounded. A rectangle appeared in the wall and it slid open, revealing a stairway. "I thought you didn't have a basement." Jack said. "I thought I didn't." He stepped in front of me and started walking down the stairs. I didn't qeustion and went with. "Sooooo." I filled the silence. "It's definitely here. Who hid it here, though?" We reached the bottom of the stairs and I saw something new. It was a medium size marble white and gold diamond. "What is that?" "That is a gate pod, a high class one at that. Probably and type 19. That's the best kind." "Why is it a diamond?" "It hasn't been activated yet." "How do you turn it on?" "I don't know. That is a new variation."