Extra Chapter - School Dances = First Kisses, Who Knew?

• Dedicated to Brooke

Extra Chapter - School Dances = First Kisses, Who Knew?

(A/N This is a few days after the last chapter.)

---------------------------------------------

The dance is tonight.

Should I ask her personally or not? Would it seem odd since we're dating and it is kind of already decided we're going to the dance together?

I don't know what to do.

The bell rings and I stop the mental battle I'm having with my head and get to class.

In the end, I don't ask her personally. Instead like the awesome person I am, I text her.

"Wanna go with me to the dance tonight?" I text her when I got home from school.

"Hah, sure Shane!" She replied almost instantly.

I smile to myself "Kay see you tonight." I type back.

After a few seconds, she replies, "Kay."

At 6 o'clock I decide it's time to get ready. I'm wearing a white shirt with black pants. Nothing fancy and nothing to casual. I mean, it's just a middle school dance.

By then my mom's ready too and drives me to school where the dance is held.

The last middle school dance of the year. I'm not going to chicken out this time. I am going to dance with Chelsey. I am going to dance with Chelsey. For the whole car ride, I repeat that line over and over again.

My mom and I arrive at the school.

"I pick you up at 9 right?" My mom asks as I get out of the car.

"Yeah," I say.

"Kay bye, have fun! Oh and Shane?"

"Yes?"

She smiles at me giving me that look the "I know everything" look. "Oh, nothing. Have fun!" And then she zooms off leaving me there gaping at her.

What was that all about?

I shake my head and walk towards the entrance of the school. 

6, exactly.

I walk through the doors instantly spotting her. She was wearing a simple white shirt with black pants and flats. Even in something casual she looks beautiful. 

Man, I sounded like a sap. (A/N 'Cause you are!:P)

Now that I think about it, we were actually kinda matching.

She's standing next to Brooke and they're talking and laughing.

I smile, she's having a good time.

"Hey Shane! Over here!" I hear one of my friends yell.

Giving one last look at Chelsey, I walk over to them.

The music is blaring and DJ is shining strobe lights everywhere lighting up the whole place. I'm talking with my friends while we jump and "dance" around looking like idiots.

After that songs over and a few more songs play the DJ finally speaks up, "Okay everyone, grab a partner because it's time to slow things down a bit." I few people groan and sigh, obviously upset because they don't have anyone to dance with, but I'm not paying attention to them. I look around for Chelsey.

"Chelsey come on!" I hear one of Chelsey's friends, Sally, yell. She and Brooke are dragging her by the arms. "Oh, look there he is!" Brooke says and with one last pull on Chelsey's arm she's standing in front of me, "Kay have fun you two crazy kids!" Sally says before her and Brooke run off to who knows where.