Chapter 2 - Enjoy The Time We Have, Together

Chapter 2 - Enjoy The Time We Have, Together

---------------------------------------------

It's lunch time. I don't sit with her. 

I get my lunch and sit down with my friends again. I listen to them talk about stupid random things, I'm not really paying attention. Instead, I look to the spot where I knew she would be. Her usual seat with her usual friends.

She's standing up. Moving her head back and forth almost like she's looking for someone.

Maybe it's me. 

Then I quickly get rid of the thought.

She's not looking for me.

I talk with my friends. 

Lunch is almost over. Another day not sitting with her. 

"Shane! Shane!"

I turn around and find Samantha. One of Chelsey's friends. 

"Shane! Why the heck aren't you sitting with Chelsey! Get over there! Now!" She yells at me.

"Yeah Shane, why don't you go sit with your girlfriend." One of my friends say.

Samantha laughs and walks away. "You better come!" She says one final time before she's gone. Gone back to the table where Chelsey is.

"Come on man! You gotta go!"

"Fine," I say. But inside I was kinda happy. Nervous, but happy.

I leave and go to their table. I see one of her friends, Sally, get out of her chair, that was previously next to Chelsey, and get another one. She sits on that one leaving me to sitting on the one next to Chelsey, that she previously sat on.

I sit down. No one says anything for a while. 

Isabel, the one sitting on the other side of Chelsey moves Chelsey's chair closer to mine. 

Silence. 

"Oh, come on! Say something!" Isabel says interrupting the silence.

Silence.

"Oh, whatever!" Isabel says getting frustrated, she gets up and leaves.

Samantha and Sally sit there looking at us. 

"Oh! Should we leave too?" Sally asks looking confused.

Yes.

"Right, alright Sam come on!" She grabs Samantha and they leave too. Leaving me and Chelsey alone. 

I finally start talking to her I don't know, but the words just were flowing out like I had memorized a written script. Maybe her friends were making me nervous, but I didn't care at that time. All I cared about was her. The girl in front of me. The girl who made my heart beat about a mile a minute. 

Lunch is over and we say our goodbyes. 

She runs off to her friends. And I go off to mine. 

After thinking through all my elective classes, I finally know what I have to do. I grab a piece of paper and start to write. 

Heading to her locker I quickly stuff it in.

Chelsey,

I was never one for confrontations. I was also never one to express my feelings very well, but I guess it makes sense since I'm a guy and no guy is very good at expressing their feelings. But there are some things I can't say to you face to face because you make me so nervous and the words just get jumbled up in my head and it doesn't come out properly. I guess that's why I like texting you better than talking to you face to face at school. Because when you're texting you can think about what you want to say, but when you're talking to someone you can't spend hours thinking of something clever to say. I'm sorry I haven't been the best boyfriend and I know this sounds very cliche and weird, but you're different from everyone else. I just can't explain it. I can't explain the way you make me feel. I just can't, but I know I can't lose you. And about whatever you think is going on between Brooke and I, how we dated and all of that, well that was months ago, I like you. No one else, just you. Trust me.

Let's just enjoy the time we have together. Right now. You and me. Us together. 'Cause I like the sound of it.

I love you.

-Shane

It's true. Every word, I meant it. And I might not be able to say it to her face right now, but I will some day. Because the thing I have for her is real. Maybe in the future things could change, maybe we could find happiness somewhere else, with someone else, who knows, but Chelsey will always be someone important to me. Someone I love. And right now I just want to enjoy the time we have, together. 

And the rest is still unwritten...

---------------------------------------------

Whoo hoo! Complete and finished! I really liked writing this, something short and easy. And trust me, if I do Chelsey's POV you will probably see that she thinks about Shane as much as he does her. *Sigh* Love is complicated. 

Please tell me if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes. Vote and comment, because this story is over! :) I hope you guys enjoyed.

~Sally