"I hope you find it as beautiful as I do." The tailor says flattering her own work. I just nod my head and smile, which is my go to in all socially awkward situations. I sigh taking the box from the maid. I hate getting dressed up, I just don't like being uncomfortable in clothes I'll be wearing for a long time. I unwrap it on my bed and the maid and I gasp in unison as a bright red fabric is revealed, it matches Felix's coat. The tailor looks at it admiring the intricate patterns.

     "Isn't it lovely?" The maid sighs. I exchange a glance with the two women debating on whether or not I should express my opinions.

     "You said Felix approved of it right?" I glance nervously at the lanky maid. The tailor who grows impatient, taps her foot repeatedly on the ground.

     "Maidy, do you like it or not?" She says a little louder than intended. I do a once over of the thing holding it gingerly in my arms. It's poofy for one thing. I think most other girls would be foaming at the mouth, but I honestly don't see myself in this dress. It is ruby red with white lace and I know I'd be expected to wear a corset, flowers line the sides and it has a frilly white collar. The ball gown dress has a sweet heart neckline and to be quite frank it intimidates me.

     "Uh, no... I don't think I'll be wearing it." I say quietly. They both stare dumbstruck. Did I say something wrong? I don't want to wear the dress, is that so bad? Did they expect me to be some stupid girl who will do anything her sweet prince says to? Because I'm not that girl, and honestly I don't even like Felix. We might have shared a magical kiss, but I don't like him. I think I just respect him...

    "Y-you don't have a choice!" The tailor lady stutters outraged. That sets me off. I throw the dress at her, producing one of my most indignant faces I can put on. She squeals in disgust before storming out of the room and slamming the door. The candles flicker from the force. I turn to the maid who has a ghost of a smile on her face.

     "The king won't like it. But I think I have something you'd be a little more comfortable in. I'll just be a few minutes." She doesn't look me in the eyes and trots off. Why was she so happy? I cross my arms in thought and look out the window, the sun is rising and the flower field looks stunning. Something stirs within me, I don't want to be in this castle for much longer. Something is telling me to get out and run as fast as I can.

     Felix is not to be trusted. A girl voice says out of nowhere. What the hell? Who was that and why did I hear that in my head? My skin prickles and I shiver, someone has to be watching me. I start humming to myself, that nervous thing I do when I'm scared. Don't overthink it Milly, it was probably just your imagination.

     The maid comes in a few minutes later and hands me some men's pants with a billowy blue shirt. That's it I'm officially a pirate, she even has the black boots for it. She helps me with the clothes, even though I don't need it. If I were wearing that awful dress I would probably need five more ladies just to put me in it.

     "What's your name?" I ask while she braids my hair. She smiles from behind me in the mirror. She looks to be about twenty or so, who knows how she got this job. Red hair falls from her bonnet that she wears, and she seems to be really in shape. Maybe she works out? I just don't think a maid like her would have a lot of extra time on her hands. 

     "Sandra, and if you don't mind me saying, I wish you luck today." She winks at the end earning her a befuddled Milly. What did that mean? I'm starting to think this whole place is just one big mystery waiting to be unlocked. I stay silent for the next few minutes while she applies some simple makeup. I decide since I declined the dress, the least I can do is look presentable.

     "I am to escort you down to the stables now." She says leading me to the door. "The trip will take about an hour, the secrecy must be unnerving to you. Everything will be clear in time, and remember you will always have someone with you." She says cryptically.