Strange New Realities

After an uneventful dinner, which involved plenty of glares from the gals and the guys, I sit in my room, alone. I'm so bored and I am tired of just sitting around and playing movies nonstop. On the bright side I have fifteen minutes until my adventure into the woods. Not to mention with a mentally unstable boy.

I change into a hoodie because it might be cold outside. Then of course being me I start pacing the room and going over all my questions. Plus I think I'm due for a blackout so it might happen in the middle of the woods, which would be terrifying. My anxiety doesn't help, I can't describe the feeling I'm getting right now, and it's not necessarily bad. It might just be weird vibes from Felix rubbing off on the fact that I'm going into the woods with him.

A nock on the door sends my stomach into a frenzy. I grab my room keys and put them in my pocket then open the door to a smiling Felix. Silently hoping we don't get caught I close and lock the door. Felix raises a finger over his lips to warn me to be silent, then bracing myself for it, he grabs my hand and leads me down to the stair case we use to go down to the secret club room. I should explore the second floor more, the hidden staircase is right next to the common room and all of the therapy rooms. I still have yet to see where the boys live, there must be a whole section that I haven't explored to the second floor.

Why am I doing this again? Shit, my head is spinning with questions, because I'm hoping to finally get some answers from Felix today. We arrive at the end of the hallway and another little lion, like the one upstairs, is peeking out from the white molding on the wall. Felix's finger goes into the lion's mouth and an audible click can be heard right before a section of the wall slides back and reveals a passage way. I instinctually hop back a few feet. Spooked I peek my head into the opening, a cobblestone staircase descends into the darkness. Pushing past me nonchalantly Felix begins to climb into the darkness. I scramble after him not wanting to be left alone.

I almost bump into Felix halfway down and notice he is pulling a lever in the wall. With my breath held I watch the door at the top go back into place silently.

"Can we talk now?" I ask hopefully. My nerves are starting to fray right now and every hair on the back of my neck is raised. I imagine my face is somewhere in-between horror and curiosity as Felix says nothing and continues walking without a word. I start shivering but not from the cold. I can't take the suspense much longer.

Felix grabs a lantern from the wall and raises it to a map made out of a ton of copying paper put together from the printer. It's hand drawn and looks incredibly detailed, I can't believe some kids could do all of this without being caught. I study his face as he focuses on the map trying to figure out where to go. He gives away nothing, he always has a natural poker face on. Then my eyes flitter over the curve of his jaw as it is slightly clenched. He's anxious about something, which only eggs on the whole horror theme going on right now. I mean seriously, I'm probably going to be led to my death right now. I stare at my own breath in the air, somehow it's freezing down here. Starting to get impatient I tap my foot lightly against the floor.

Felix the mysterious turns abruptly and walks off the left down the hallway. Then we take another left, a right, a right, then a left, and so on until I get completely lost. I honestly just want to be in my bed right now. Felix seemed so excited earlier and now he's so quiet. I don't know what to make of all this so I'm reserving critical judgements till later. I roll my eyes as Felix hesitates before the next turn, then he gains confidence as a light at the end of the long hallway seems to grow brighter. Soon enough we are ducking and running through the dewy grass of the lawn. The hidden passageway dumped us somewhere right outside the gate of the institution, I think we're ducking so we won't get caught.