Journeying

Felix ends up taking me to an elegant dining room, much bigger and more expensive than the one in Stella's house. He explains a few things, except he mostly keeps this world mysterious. For instance, no matter how many times I ask him who I am he deflects it. I've deduced that this land is magical and all sorts of mythical creatures live here, since I have Cloud as a pet. I still can't wait to explore, except I think once we get to the center of the realm, which Felix said we'd be doing tomorrow, we will go back to Stella's. I'm not entirely sure how the rest of my visit here will end, but I hope I get to visit again. Maybe I'll be stuck here forever like Clemance.

     After some idle chitchat and an interesting dinner, Felix's king duties called. A maid is taking me to a room where I'll be spending the night. We cross through the throne room, and I'm starting to think the living quarters are on the east wing. The room she takes me in is on the third floor and in a particularly quiet area. The room looks basically like a glorified hotel room, except with a chandelier and bidet. I don't think plumbing would have been invented yet, this realm just doesn't seem that forward yet. Maybe Felix had plumbing installed in this castle because he's a king and he can. I still can't get over him being a king in this place.

     I seriously still haven't cracked and it's starting to scare me. Maybe I've just hoped and dreamed that I was something more than just a normal person, and now I have a chance to be something special. I mean, I've spent my whole life afraid of another black out happening at the wrong time, but here I don't even have them. Maybe when I get back to Stella's I know it will be real, and I'm not just dreaming. Seriously, there is no way this can exist. I'm probably in a coma at some hospital for falling and breaking my head open in the woods. Or I'm just in some elaborate dream. What if I'm just a character in a story?

     I guess if I really were afraid right now I'd be crying, curled in a ball. I'm just not one to cry and be afraid of an almost impossible situation. I like to think of myself as a problem solver and if it means fighting dragons and talking to fairies I'm down. I don't have time to stop and cry about all of this confusing shit, I have to deal with what I have on hand.

     So, so far I know I'm not on Earth, in a different dimension. I know I'm likely an enemy or bad person from the way Felix acts around me, but yet, I know some people have to respect me or look up to me. The people in the village, they seemed to like me. I know that I have an awesome pet Griffon, who I should probably go check on. Cloud also brought me to Clemance, I assume she does what I do, or she is a friend here in the realm. Maybe I'm some sort of Robin Hood character? No that doesn't sound like me though, I wouldn't risk my life just to give people money. Maybe I'm some secret assassin, which kills immoral people. What if I am one of those socialites that deals with secrets and uses them as a currency? No, none of that sounds like me.

     All I know, is that I'm obviously notorious around here. For what reason though? On the other hand I have to figure out why my blackouts stopped?

     I need to sleep on this. Practically falling asleep while showering and brushing my teeth (which both seem extremely modern) I manage to make it to the bed before completely falling asleep.

...

     In the morning a maid lady is bustling around the room I'm in. The sun peaks through the windows and the whole room seems to be dimmed by the dark curtains. I groan not wanting to wake up, but she notices and smiles putting some breakfast on the bed next to me.

     "King Felix wants you to wear a special dress, the tailor is bringing it up now." She says bowing. Why does he want me to wear a dress? It's not that I don't like them, it just seems odd. Before I can reply a knock on the door indicates the arrival of the tailor. She walks in all prissy like, with a certain familiar quality about her. A foot boy carries a parcel behind her, it's almost as big as him. The maid flips him a coin and takes the package from his arms.