A Shadow

Nola was staring at her Algebra Study-Guide. "How do I do this?" she wailed. A strand of her wavy black hair fell into her face. She tugged on it, trying to think. Suddenly, her her hair flew back into place.

A voice at her shoulder (male if she had to define it,) said, "Well, look if you just move the 1/3 from that side to the other side and 1/3 and 2/5 together you'll get the answer."

Another voice responded (female, I think), " Yeah, you're right. For the first and the last time, Abraxos."

"Hey!", said Abraxos in protest, and tackled the female, she looked over her shoulder to tell them to stop wrestling, and that they would break the bed. But when she turned, all she saw out of the ordinary was two shadows.

"Gah!" she yelped and tumbled back off the bed. when she looked back at the bed, the two shadows were gone, and all that was left was two feathers. One was a soft blue with tiny while specks, like clouds. The other was a dark brown, that steamed lightly, as if it had been dipped in her favorite drink, Hot chocolate. "How?" she murmured. Her favorite things were laying on the small part of roof that was outside her window and looking at the sky and the stars with a cup of hot chocolate. some times she would sneak downstairs and take her father's telescope and look at the planets long into the night, and sketch them into fine detail and invite her friend Emily Yanchack to come and draw the starry night with her.

Nola snapped out of her momentary trance. She picked up the feathers, and nearly dropped them. the chocolate one was slightly hot, while the other, the blue one was like picking up an ice cube. Nola picked up the feathers again, gingerly. She carried them over to her jewelry box, emptied a drawer, and careful placed them in the box. She knew that this was all a dream. Or so she thought.....

***********************************************************************************************

Therefore, do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for it's self. Sufficient for the day and it's own trouble. Mathew 6:34

Our Guardian AngelsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara