epilogue: extra credit

Comenzar desde el principio

Harry's virescent eyes stared at the gloss, uncertainty filling his gaze.  "On second thought—"

"Oh, shut up.  Don't you want to have soft, pretty lips for Louis?" she teased, popping the cap of the gloss tube.  Pink shine coated the white tip of the applicator.

He scrunched his nose.  "Who said I was gonna kiss him?"

She scoffed.  "Hush.  From what you've told me, you'll be all over him."

"You make me sound needy," he pouted.  "I'll have you know, I played hard-to-get for months."

Gemma rolled her eyes.  "Yeah, whatever.  Pucker up, buttercup."

Harry complied, pressing his lips together.  Gemma covered them with the gloss.  Now they looked smoother, pinker, with little sparkles here and there.  Harry licked the corner of his mouth.  Okay, it tasted pretty good, too.  Like strawberries.

"Beautiful," Gemma grinned, closing the tube again.  She screwed the cap shut.

"Thanks," Harry said.  He smacked his lips together, satisfied.

Gemma nodded.  She noted the blush of pink on Harry's cheeks.

"Do you love Louis?" she asked.

Harry nearly choked on his tongue.  "What?  No, Gems.  Louis and I—we're not even boyfriends.  Just dating.  Not official yet," he rambled. 

She squinted.  "But you like him?"

"Yes," he sighed.  "I like him a lot.  Very much.  He makes me happy."

"Do you think you could fall in love with him?" she questioned.  "Like, hypothetically."

Harry bit his lip.  To be honest, he didn't know.  He'd never been in love.  He didn't know what it felt like.  Sure, he had relationships in the past, but nothing too serious.

"I dunno," Harry sighed.  "Louis just got out of a very long relationship.  They were engaged, actually.  I don't want to rush things with him.  He says he's fine, but I think he's still a bit heartbroken."

Her eyes widened  "Engaged?  Sounds serious."

"Yeah," Harry breathed. 

There was a knock at the door.  Harry's heart nearly leapt out of his chest.  He was genuinely going on a real date with Louis.  The man who greeted Harry on the first day of class, asked for his name, and never judged his shyness.  The man who reignited his passion for art.  The man who could read his thoughts and feelings without verbalization.

Gemma nudged him along.  "Go, Harry.  Have fun tonight, okay?  You deserve it."

He smiled and gave her a quick hug.  Then he walked towards their front door, nervousness sinking into his stomach.  He snatched up his coat from the hook on the wall.  He placed his hand on the doorknob, inhaled sharply, tried to calm down.

He opened the door.

Louis smiled instantly, little crinkles forming next to his pretty blue eyes.  His caramel hair was quiffed up slightly, making his face seem slimmer and sharper.  He wore a Marvel jumper with the neckline scooped low, revealing a light patch of chest hair.  His dark jeans clung to his thick thighs and sculpted calves.  Harry felt the air leave his lungs. 

"Hello, Styles," Louis greeted with a grin.  He leaned up on his tip-toes to kiss Harry's cheek.  Harry was only an inch or two taller, but those damn heeled boots made him tower over the older lad. 

"Hi," Harry croaked.  "You, um— you look nice."

Louis smirked.  "Not so bad yourself."

Harry flushed.  "Thanks."