I watched the way his lips moved as he spoke. His words came out slowly and like he already had every sentence carefully planned out. He seemed very focused.

"Take two or three deep breaths." Dr. Styles instructed, holding the end of the stethoscope in the middle of my chest. He repeated himself two different times, holding it over my heart once and then in the middle of my back.

The time stretched on as the doctor done various tests on me. He commented "good" every so often and hummed some sort of tune as he checked my arms. I wasn't getting any weird vibes from him like I did at doctor's appointments most of the time. It was kind of a relief.

"I'm going to check your throat just real quick." Dr. Styles Informed me as he pulled out what looked like a large Popsicle stick. He walked back to me, standing just a few inches away. "I need you to open up wide and put your tongue down flat. That will make it easier for both of us."

I followed his instructions and he moved slowly, pressing the stick onto my tongue and then farther down into my throat. I used to cry and choke when I'd get this done as a small child but I'd learnt a trick. There would be no choking if you put your left hand into a fist and squeezed your thumb. I had read it on the internet one time and thought it was stupid but tried it anyways. It worked and that had solved my problem.

The doctor shone his flashlight into my mouth and the corners of his lips twitched upwards like he was going to smile. "Good," He removed the stick and tossed it into the small trash can in the corner. "No gag reflex, huh?"

"N-no, I guess not." The question had caught me off guard.

Dr. Styles chuckled. "One more test and we'll be finished. Stand up for me."

I pushed myself off of the hospital bed and onto my feet, not sure what this test was going to be.

"I need to check your posture. Turn around please."

I turned and after a moment he was standing behind me. His big hands lifted my T-shirt and moved up my sides to where my bra began. I bit back a gasp and my skin tingled where he'd touched me. His hands moved back down and to his sides before he placed them on the tops of my shoulders. He ran one hand across my upper back from shoulder to shoulder.

"Mmm. Everything seems fine. You're good to go. I'll sign your volleyball form and be back in just a minute. You're free to sit back down." He said before leaving the room.

Once he was gone, I sucked in a mouth full of cool air. His hands had felt so good on my body, and when he was extra close I could smell his minty breath wash over me. His deep voice had sent shivers down my spine every time he spoke. It was down right dangerous for a doctor to be that attractive.

The door reopened and he walked back inside. I jumped almost off of the hospital bed where I sat.

"Scare you, did I? Sorry, I forgot to knock. Here's your signed form." He handed me the paper with another small piece of paper underneath it.

I took them from his grasp and got up. "Thank you."

Dr. Styles held the door open for me as I exited. "See you next time."

When I'd gotten back home I had gone to my room, splaying out all my homework across my bed. I placed my volleyball form inside a folder and unfolded the small piece of paper that the doctor had given me with it.

"I noticed you staring at me the entire time and I thought maybe you were into me. If so, I want you to know its mutual. You looked cute as hell in those tight little jeans. Text me. -H"

The note had his phone number on the bottom and I dropped it back down into my bed. Holy hell. Had I been staring at him so hard that he'd noticed? I didn't even remember staring but apparently I had been. My cheeks flamed red and I was dumbfounded at the whole situation. How old was he anyways? He didn't even look old enough to be a doctor.

I sat in silence for several minutes, going over every detail. I bit down on my bottom lip and grabbed my phone. One text couldn't hurt anything, right?

((If you like this, please vote, also feel free to leave comments. I love reading all your thoughts about my story. Thanks for reading!))

((Please check out my other story "TABOO"))